Wordless Wednesday – Forest Floor

This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

103 Responses to Wordless Wednesday – Forest Floor

What a beautiful array of colours, shapes and textures! Each season has a beauty of its own.

2. cindy knoke says:

You can see the beauty of the trees in fall from what they leave.

3. Karen Lang says:

The colors of life ๐ŸŒˆ

4. Jane Lurie says:

Love this shot, Eliza. Looking down these days is such a treat. ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅฐ

5. Pingback: Wordless Wednesday โ€“ Forest Floor | Purplerays

6. Dee Min says:

Beautiful array โ€”even in the โ€œdeathโ€ of trees there is beauty in knowing new birth is on the other side of dying and letting go.

7. Alice says:

The layered-look of Autumn. Quite a variety growing there.

8. Treah Pichette says:

That would make a great jigsaw puzzle!

9. It’s definitely like a colorful, crunchy carpet out there.

10. Beautiful autumn forest floor ~ I love looking down under the trees as much as I love looking up into them. Love the mottled colors.

11. I see mulch and nutrients.

12. neihtn2012 says:

A treasure of nutrients for the forest floor or the garden!

13. shoreacres says:

We’re still so green. This is a lovely scene, and would tempt me to visit east Texas again — but I’ll have to avoid the pine forests if I want colored leaves!

Thank you, Linda. We’re at the tail end of the season with the oak and beech trees left for color. But I am enjoying the smaller shrubs around the yard and seed heads that shine this time of year. Beauty abounds!

14. China Dream says:

aren’t fall leaves beautiful..love them! sending happy vibes your way..

15. Beautiful image Eliza! Enjoyed seeing it!

16. utahan15 says:

humus
    quasi pumice
    nice autumnal quality

17. Irene says:

Yay, itโ€™s fall. Lovely image, Eliza. ๐Ÿ˜Š

18. Tina says:

A gorgeous mosaic of form, color and texture. Nice capture!

19. Adele Brand says:

How lovely! I see pine needles and deciduous leaves. And a lot of beauty ๐Ÿ™‚

20. sandyjwhite says:

Wall to wall leaves…the perfect carpet!

21. That is an awesome picture. Love it!!!

A great reflection of the beauty your area offers during the fall season.

23. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

A beautiful collage and image Eliza! ๐Ÿงก

24. Debbie says:

Such variety! And how cool that leaves don’t all turn at the same time … or the same colors!

Heh, our front lawn looks like that at the moment. ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Fun to explore everything in this shot ๐Ÿ˜Š

27. It certainly makes a fine fall rug!

I love the various colors and stages. A mixture of life. Beautiful. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely leaves Eliza

30. Nature’s random tapestry. Beautiful, Eiza!

31. A beautiful and colorful find and capture!

32. Here at my place with a mix like that they seem to breakdown much quicker than say stacks of all Oak leaves.

Yes, they do. Oak leaves have tougher cell walls, so are slower to break down. I have a big oak tree in the back yard with tons of leaves. Once they are on the ground, I run them over with the lawn mower to ‘speed up’ the breakdown process.
      Hope you have a great weekend, Eunice!

• Went to Popham Beach in Maine today tomorrow the Big E for Fiber show.

Are you a fiber artist as well as a painter?

• I used to spin as a child and I crochet and do macrame being 65 I lived in a time where my mom and aunts did everything and taught me so much but then I followed dads lead and worked 18 hours a day which left little time for crafts so now I guess I have finally just embraced retirement as I was forced into it with the wreck in 2000. Not in my rig but in a van hit by a Foxwood bus ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I was too young so fought back and trucked for 2 more years before the body said no more.

One never knows where the road will lead us, I guess. Glad you are now able to sit back a bit and do the things that you find pleasurable. The best retirement has to offer. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Bless you it has been a journey for sure to find peace within.

33. Jet Eliot says:

Your talent with finding bouquets all around you is a gift, Eliza. I loved this forest floor photo, so colorful and complete.

34. Beautiful colours Eliza.

35. Priti says:

Wow! Colour. Nice shot. Thank you ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ™‚

36. Dalo 2013 says:

Out for a hike yesterday, and I loved looking at the trodden floor of the forest path… made me feel like I was in the midst of autumn. Your photo here rekindles the same feeling, an amazing array of the colors of fall.

37. naturebackin says:

Perfectly composed – such a beautiful image!