Silent Sunday

Water Strider

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. dawnbirdau says:

Interesting shot Eliza!

I love photographs such as these!

3. Treah Pichette says:

Love this!

4. arlingwoman says:

Fabulous. A skater and its shadow!

5. Alice Pratt says:

Hope that bug isn’t afraid of it’s own shadow!

6. Cool capture, I have swarms of water spiders in, or should I say “on” my koi pond. They are a natural addition and always fun to watch.

7. sandyjwhite says:

What a mesmerizing shot. Love it!

8. Always fun to capture spring โ€œfindsโ€!

Great shot!

Interesting shot. I clicked on the photo trying to enlarge it and somehow connected to Pinterest offering “more like this.” Nebula shots and paintings showed up!

11. I honestly couldn’t figure out what your picture was so I cheated and looked at the comments. Now I know it is a water strider. Cool composition, Eliza!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Took me a minute. ๐Ÿ˜€ … I thought it might be a collection of wormholes at the edge of space! ๐Ÿ˜€

13. I had to look at this picture a few seconds before I realized what it was. A little slow on this sunny but cool spring morning. ๐Ÿ˜‰

14. Those elliptical dark areas are so distinctive that one would recognize them even without also seeing the insect that cast the shadows.

15. Very cool, unique capture, Eliza! โค

16. Adele Brand says:

Insects are perfect for providing a different perspective ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice shot!

17. dylan says:

awesome pic. love the shadows they make. reminds me of being a kid and chasing them. you should do a night shoot of the river spiders.