Wordless Wednesday

Lady fern fiddleheads

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

72 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

1. Ohhhhh . . . lovely photo Eliza!

Beautiful, Eliza! I love the way ferns unfurl. I need some ferns in my life…

3. Saania2806 says:

Beautiful ๐Ÿ˜

4. Natureโ€™s curl, adorable๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•

Play that fiddle! Love, love, love ferns. Hope you’re staying dry Eliza!

6. sandyjwhite says:

I’m always amazed how those tiny fern curls turn into those lush, bushy plants!

Such promise is held in those tight curls unfurling in their own time.

8. Alice Pratt says:

So pretty! We saw many ferns, on our woodland & stream walk, on Monday, with daughter & grand-daughter & groups of Witchhazel trees to teach her about…fun name for a 4 1/2 year old!

9. susurrus says:

An orchestra of fiddleheads. Lovely.

Fiddleheads! Yay! I love ferns and the way they unfurl. Beautiful image, Eliza. โค

11. A beautiful sign of spring and Mother Nature at her best. ๐Ÿ™‚

12. One of the highlights of the year!

Pretty, i love seeing the fronds gradually unfold.

14. David says:

There’s something about this photo that makes me want to question what you’ve done.

15. naturebackin says:

Great depth and controlled energy. I love the way that they resemble creatures rather than that they are plants ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Lovely to see. Havenโ€™t come across these here yet.

17. cindy knoke says:

Have you ever eaten them?

This variety isn’t edible, but I have eaten Ostrich fern fiddleheads, which are edible. The window for harvest is only a few days before they unfurl, which I often miss. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think they taste somewhat nut-like. I often saute them with garlic, tamari or miso.

Lovely photo Eliza. I was also going to ask if you can eat this sort. We once tried our ostrich fern fiddleheads as a sauteed ‘salad’ and they were quite fine, but I know you shouldn’t eat too many of them. With garlic or miso sounds good!

19. I love ferns and when they are just shooting out they are gorgeous. Lovely image. (Suzanne)

20. Love the “golden spiral” and fractal geometry in ferns!

21. Karen Lang says:

The curls of life! Beautiful โ˜˜๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

22. OOOOO goodie! I missed these in my gardens, Eliza. It is so wet around the gardens that my ferns are in I couldn’t get near them. Beautiful picture!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

23. One of my favorites. Somehow, I just can’t get enough of unfurling ferns.

Babies – cute, no matter what the species. ๐Ÿ˜€

25. So beautiful! Spring is coming!

26. Brian Skeys says:

I am very frond of those. (Sorry I couldnโ€™t resist the pun).๐Ÿ˜ƒ

27. pastpeter says:

Ferns are to me one of the most evocative signs of early Spring!

28. Jet Eliot says:

A lovely spring photo, Eliza, full of life ahead as well as ancient reminders of life behind. Ferns go so far back in time.

29. ecopoet says: