Silent Sunday

Spring Melt

High Water in Sun and Shadow

This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Silent Sunday

This picture suggests tranquility – I can almost hear the gentle trickling sound of the water.

2. Are those maple trees being tapped for sap in the picture at the top of the post? I’ve never seen that done before.

Yes, they are. Unfortunately, buckets are soon to become a thing of the past as plastic tubing and 100 gallon catchall tubs replace them. It may be time-saving, but not nearly as attractive. Thanks for stopping by today, Audrey. πŸ™‚

3. Rebecca says:

There can never, ever be too many pictures of water … πŸ™‚

4. dawnbirdau says:

Your photographs are gorgeous!

5. Joanna says:

Beautiful! I like the sound of rushing water this time of year…it means SPRING! πŸ™‚

6. pastpeter says:

LOTS of water this year! Love you new cover photo – sap rising!

A lovely dance of light and shadow.

8. Wonderful and I love the colors you captured!πŸ™‚

When I see “high water,” I think flood but I gather from a skim of the comments above there’s no threat there. We have an odd relationship with water in SoCal, which accounts for my mind-set. I’m glad the nor’easter hasn’t caused you any problems.

Yes, we were fortunate in regard to this latest storm. Also, the fact that our house is on a slope well above the stream and river, we don’t worry about flooding. Even Hurricane Irene’s flooding was manageable, although we lost a foot bridge and some riverbank land. Living close to water has some risks.

10. Laurie Graves says:

A wrinkle in Time? So lovely and blue!

11. turning20web says:

Beautiful picture.. πŸ‘

This makes such a beautiful abstract image. I love the light and shadows, the blues and tans/golds, and the movement of it all. πŸ™‚

13. Maria says:

The colors and movement are very nice.

14. I like this non-icy water! Our river is unfrozen, but the pond remains iced over (for now).

15. Christy B says:

The sun is beautiful on the water! No words needed πŸ™‚