Wordless Wednesday

Dwarf Canna Louis Cottin

Image | This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

1. Alice Pratt says:

……..what a luscious color! Lots of buds!

2. Have always thought of cannas as being quite ordinary but this hybrid is gorgeous! You’re a magician when it comes to presenting the prize blooms, Eliza. πŸ™‚

3. shamanism1 says:

Abundance 🌼🌼🌼

4. It’s got a nice glow about it. Lovely!

5. Ali says:

Beautiful. Do you have to protect your cannas in winter?

6. Wow! Love the colors and detail!

7. Christina says:

Beautiful capture Eliza

8. dianaed14 says:

Just gorgeous. I have not had much success with these – cannas?

9. neihtn2012 says:

Shapes, colors, composition, all are perfect in this photo!

So beautiful. β™₯β™₯β™₯

11. Vicki says:

What a gorgeous shade of yellow. I’m not usually a fan of yellow, but love lemon colours. I love the streaks of apricot/russett on those yellow petals. Makes the Indian Shot(?) plants really interesting.

12. Gorgeous! Such rich color!

13. Goodness, that looks exotic!

14. Exactly what I needed today, Eliza!

Great photo, wonderful colours, but I’m sure that flower is poking its tongue out at us! πŸ˜€

Now that’s a flower that glows! Cannas are SO tempting. If only they weren’t so thirsty.

They seem to love all the rain we’ve had the past seven weeks. Between that and the heat/humidity, they’re finally coming into their own. Like dahlias, they seem to be late summer bloomers here.

17. Lovely colour and fine detail.

18. Indie says:

Gorgeous! Such rich colors with the yellow to orange to red. I know some people don’t like orange tones in the garden, but I love them.

Thanks, Indie. I used to be picky about color combinations, but nature really doesn’t care, so I’ve been letting myself experiment with color more. It’s all good, right? πŸ™‚

19. Beautiful! I can’t believe the variety you have in your garden. It’s a treat every tie you share. Thank you!

20. Robbie says:

Yours look beautiful mine this year were not so pretty. I had red, I like your orange betterπŸ˜‰