Storm Clouds

IMG_0663

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

78 Responses to Storm Clouds

1. Alice Pratt says:

Always such beautiful clouds….filled with moisture…whether we ‘like it’ or not…Massachusetts is not facing a drought.

Yes, I’m trying to be grateful that we have full reservoirs, but enough already! πŸ™‚

• Alice Pratt says:

Even with all the rain, there has been enough 🌞 and plant-will-power to produce veggies…tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, herbs…& a gigantic at least 16 by 8′ rogue carpet of tomato plants, growing from the compost…I think mostly ‘cherries’ and another….it’s actually funny & bewildering…never planted those. They will taste delicious! Right infront of the hives…so everything is being pollinated 😁🐝❀️

Sounds wonderful – I love the surprises that spring from the compost pile!

A great billowing cloud!

3. neihtn2012 says:

That is a stunning capture of those beautiful clouds!

4. Vivian says:

That’s so pretty!!πŸ˜„

5. Alice Pratt says:

About composts…you would be delighted to see the pumpkins, squashes & gourds that grow out of my daughters’ & spouses’ 3 compost piles behind & over the chicken run…it becomes a jungle…also tomato plants!

6. naturebackin says:

This photo really does capture the sense of drama and the dynamic gathering of those clouds.

7. And my goodness didn’t we have a storm! Lost our power for two hours.

8. Christina says:

We’ve had some spectacular storms in the last week

Oh, how I love a good storm Eliza! What a great shot! One of the things I loved about living in CO for a time was watching a storm come in over the plains. Such big sky out there and ooooh, when lightening lighted inside the clouds … fantastic!

Thank you, Kathy. Nothing like a crashing summer storm, eh? I can only imagine what CO must have been like. We have to climb our ‘hills’ to get even a glimpse of such grandeur.

10. Rebecca says:

Great clouds, Eliza! I love looking at clouds — they are like an endless, ever-changing, restless (free) show πŸ™‚

11. tippysmom2 says:

Beautiful capture. I love to see the different cloud formations and, at 59, still like to look at the puffy clouds and imagine what they look like.

12. Val says:

Great photo. I love the variety in clouds… just wish they didn’t feel so inclined to share their contents…

13. Maysa Rose says:

This is such a cool photo!
    I love watching stormy skies roll in… πŸ™‚

14. Looked like quite the storm approaching. A beautiful sky.

15. Vicki says:

Very dramatic. Don’t you just love the way the sun lights the upper clouds between storms πŸ™‚

16. Impressive these… and wonderful light!

17. πŸ¦‹ A rare event here.

A beautiful photo.

18. Joanna says:

Dramatic and beautiful! I always enjoy watching storm clouds roll in.

19. Great cloud photo Eliza! Very Dramatic! Love the different tones in the clouds!

20. WOW!! Those are some mighty powerful looking clouds, Eliza! Just two nights ago we got over 5 inches of rain. And boy did we need it!! πŸ˜‰

Thanks, Amy. That’s a lot of rain in one night. I didn’t realize you were in a dry zone. We’ve been getting so much rain the past six wks. At least 15″ which is about 1/3 our annual average. Soggy city!

21. Peter Herpst says:

Beautiful! We’re having a dry summer but the rain will come back soon enough.

22. Pete Hillman says:

Wow! That is a beauty!

Mighty creatures! πŸ™‚

24. Maria says:

They are dramatic! The whites are really good and subdued.

25. Beautiful!πŸ™‚ With clouds that gorgeous, I’m afraid I would have forgotten to get indoors before the storm arrived.πŸ™‚

26. Gorgeous. Was it a good storm?

27. shamanism1 says:

Wow that’s impressive ⚑️πŸŒ₯🌩

Beautiful! I’ve seen storm clouds in the distance here too but, regrettably, they’ve yet to pull any rain to us along the coast and they haven’t been that fluffy white color.

29. Robbie says:

This year, I’ve been noticing how lovely and FLUFFY the clouds are this year. Lovely photo!

30. Nice clouds. We could use some rain in Texas.

31. Nature is so beautiful. We need more appreciation like this