Silent Sunday

Columbine (Aquilegia chrysantha)

Columbine (Aquilegia chrysantha)

Image | This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Silent Sunday

Columbines sing of spring in my eyes! My own are long gone.

2. Alice Pratt says:

Beautiful….reminds me of a fairy dress…..so pretty with the ferns.

• Alice Pratt says:

….and I saw a Monarch this morning (8:45am)….happily flying from Milkweed to Milkweed…no photo, yet.

That’s exciting news. I hope you have babies! My spouse said he thought he saw one yesterday. My milkweed patch has tripled, so they have plenty to eat. I saw a Viceroy last week, hoping it was a Monarch, but a close mimic. July is usually when we see the last stage of Monarchs here. Such an amazing creature.

Thank you, Alice. They remind me of fairies, too.

• Alice Pratt says:

I hope there are lots of Monarch caterpillars….my milkweed is thriving and our bees love it…it smells so awesome…at Wyman’s nursery there were 2 large Black Swallow Tail caterpillars on a dill plant, in a little screened enclosure….I’ll check my parsley & dill, again.

3. Beautiful πŸŒˆπŸ’•

4. Adele Brand says:

Quiet beauty – lovely πŸ™‚

5. Joanna says:

That’s a great picture! My first thought was that it looks like a shooting star!!

6. Penny Post says:

Love columbines and this is so delicate in both colour and shape.

7. Laurie Graves says:

Such delicate beauties.

8. NorCal Zen says:

So beautiful. They look so clean and fresh. Great photo as well.

9. Beautiful photo Eliza, wonderful colour and background.

10. Val Boyko says:

Beautiful capture Eliza πŸ’› Love the fern fronds in the background.

11. Beautiful photo!πŸ™‚ Love the combination of the yellow flower with the wonderful background colors.πŸ™‚

12. Vicki says:

Lovely shot πŸ™‚ The flower shows up so well with the dark background.

13. Beautiful – columbines are one of those flowers I have never been able to get to grow – I have a couple spots in the backyard where they might work, though. Now that we’ve started to get things organized back there, I may have to try again.

14. Olga says:

Love the shady darkness of this photo. Lovely capture, Eliza. ❀

15. Brian Skeys says:

One of my must have garden plants.

16. Maria says:

This is a really interesting one. I’ve seen these Columbines as one of Apple iPhone’s wallpaper.