A Different View October 26

October 26, 2016

October 26, 2016

Another week of significant changes. The weekend brought rain and wind, and it’s been breezy every since, so off flew the leaves of maple, birch and smaller shrubs. The pines have shed their old needles. Across the way, we can see more of the barn roof and white house once hidden by large maples. Oak and beech now rule the forest.

It is very cold and windy today, with beautiful clouds scudding across the sky and with snow showers forecast tomorrow, we’ll see what happens over the next week as we transition into dormancy.

Previous views:

img_5590

October 11, 2016

October 18, 2016

October 18, 2016

This entry was posted in Country Living, My Photos and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to A Different View October 26

1. The colour is more subtle but still lovely.

2. MK says:

The vista is still quite beautiful. Nice to have that barn as an anchor of sorts. And, lovely clouds! We seldom get those kinds of clouds.

3. Pauline says:

Beautiful view with lovely colours.

4. Alice Pratt says:

This is so amazing to keep track of! Chilliness was here, today, but I’m eating green picked, but now orange, Sungold Tomatoes, so sunshine is on my tongue!

5. Just lovely. So beautiful. If I look out my windows I just see other houses, trees too, of course, but it’s always a surprise to think I could be somewhere where I could look out side and see…nature and no buildings. 🙂

Thank you, Gigi. I love where I live so much because there is wild land with lots of trees and wildlife and not too many people. 🙂 It is very private and peaceful. I find it so nurturing.

It amazes me how fast the view changes!

7. Delightful view with stunning colours…The shading is more unobtrusive yet dazzling…

8. Laurie Graves says:

I love the russets of late fall. Austere, but restful after the glory of October.

Snow! None here yet but the same – cold, rainy, high winds carried most of the leaves away. Snow just east of us in the ADKs! I brought in all of my plants and bird baths and put out the heated bird bath. I picked a lot of green tomatoes and I stocked up on bird seed.

10. I’m tempted to start a view post over at my blog, I enjoy yours so much – it would be fascinating to see the pond throughout the year (I mean, I do know what it looks like, but just to have a record of it would be fascinating – perhaps it’s a New Year task!).

11. Summer Daisy says:

Love the difference and beauty in each photo♥

12. arlingwoman says:

Beautiful views, Eliza. There’ve been a couple days when I stood outside and watched leaves falling, catching the light. We’re behind you here, so I’m looking forward to more color…

13. The color is softer, Eliza, and look at the gorgeous clouds!

14. Heather says:

It changes so fast this time of year! Love all the views 🙂

15. So glad I got to see the colors before the leaves fell off. One never knows 😉

Isn’t it amazing how quickly the changes happen! Just three weeks ago it still looked so green!

17. Brenda says:

What a lovely view you have. But snow, already? Yow. We had light frost two nights ago and some tiny spits of something resembling snow. Today we are in full wind and rain mode. I swear you can almost feel a sense of relief from the plants and soil with this good soaking. While I mourn the loss of leaves each fall, it really opens up our view and reveals the beautiful bones of the trees.

Thank you, Brenda. I am grateful for the moisture and to see a bit of water in the stream. We still are far behind, but with the leaves down, the drain on the trees will be less. I hope we can catch up soon, the water table is still low.

18. AmyRose🌹 says:

Amazing how fast Mother transitions at this time of year, isn’t it, Eliza? I had a heck of time chasing color but I did it. Gorgeous view you showed here! My favorite is the one of October 18th. 🙂 ❤

Yes, she does. I’ve been loving your posts – you were very successful in your captures! ❤

• AmyRose🌹 says:

Thank you, Eliza!!! I really had Lady Luck with me this year that and my determination to find different and color this Fall. I have so many more, too many to show but as I look at them, I am amazed by what I did. SO glad you have been enjoying!!! ❤

19. Maria F. says:

Some trees losing leaves except the evergreens.

20. Rebecca says:

It changes so quickly at this time of year in your neck of the woods, doesn’t I? Gorgeous photos.