Silent Sunday

IMG_6573

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. Karen Lang says:

Architecture in nature 🌈

2. Alice Pratt says:

Very intriguing, so many colors!

3. stevetanham says:

Such a rich texture, Eliza. Lovely.

4. rabirius says:

Excellent. I like these patterns of the bark.

5. Mic. says:

So much subtle color! Beautiful. Thanks for the Black Cherry tag…that was not my initial list of candidates.

Love, love, love! I can’t tell you how many pictures I have of bark but none look like this! Magnificent!

7. Micro worlds in there. Ditto on the Black Cherry tag. V. helpful

8. arlingwoman says:

I love this photo, with its geometric shapes and little spots of lichen color.

9. Wonderful texture! At first I thought i was looking at a close-up of a dragon—that’s how my mind runs!

Great capture Eliza. I’m a huge fan of bark, all the textures and patterns. Hope you’re enjoying your Sunday, we had some snow here last and it’s ‘snow’ pretty out there today! πŸ˜‰

That’s funny I took a similar photo last week. Just love the patterns made by the over -lapping layers of bark

12. Vicki says:

Lovely texture and shapes. I’m a big fan of tree bark as they have so much variety and interest to be gathered.

13. Nature’s artwork. Wonderful colour and detail.

I love the lichen. What kind of tree is it?

15. Adele Brand says:

Oh, I love bark close ups. So much character, colour and artistry in one frame.

16. Wonderful capture!πŸ™‚

17. Bela Johnson says:

Love this – so fun. One of my most requested photos is the one I took close-up of an old, old coconut tree trunk. ❀

18. Great texture and pattern in this bark. I like the subtle color tones too with the bits of lichen.

19. Jet Eliot says:

So much expression and beauty in a tree trunk — wonderful photo, Eliza.

20. nshami14 says:

So much wonder there – feel like I just disappeared into the tree bark and went on a little meditative journey. Thanks!

21. dawnbirdau says:

Beautiful. It’s almost like a piece of jewellery. I, too, have started looking at bark more closely. Always beautiful.

22. Beautiful art. My daughter have always had a thing for the texture of trees. It started long before she could talk. While sitting in a baby carrier on my belly, she used to signal that she want us to go up to trees. When I did, she almost meditatively put her hands on them and closed her eyes for a moment or two.

23. OH this is SO cool!!! I just today took a couple of shots of tree bark. Just fascinating, Eliza!!! Beautiful Art by Mother and Eliza! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

24. Maria says:

Amazing textures Eliza!

I love this, Eliza. β™₯β™₯β™₯ I sat here and stared at it for a while, mesmerized by the worlds of colors, textures, and patterns. It would make a fantastic print (and meditation!).

26. It may have been silent Sunday but your picture speaks volumes. The bits of lichen look like they could be copper.