Blog Tour

IMG_5069 - Version 2Ellen Shriner, whose blog I follow, WordSisters, has invited me to participate in a blog tour. Ellen is an excellent writer with a clean, concise writing style and solidly researched topics. I am especially fond of her reflections on family and baby boomer topics. She shares the blog with Elizabeth di Grazia, who alternates weeks with Ellen.

The topic for this tour is to relate my ‘writing process,’ which varies from post to post. Sometimes, I see a really inspiring quote that I wish to share with my followers. I go through my photos to find one that compliments the quote, perhaps write a comment and will post that.

Most often, I take my camera out on walks and shoot what appeals to me. I see beauty just about everywhere I go, especially in details right down to the macro level. The natural world is endlessly fascinating to me. When I have a good shot, I will write about the subject. It may be mating frogs, migrating birds or a woodland flower in bloom.

IMG_0363At least once a month I post an article on gardening. In the past few years, I’ve grown more passionate about gardening with nature as opposed to against it, so my topics often reflect that. My land provides so much fodder for posts, I will never be at a loss for a subject!

IMG_9642For the next stop on the tour, I point you to the Forest Garden. Elizabeth lives in coastal Virginia and her posts include photos of gorgeous plant combinations in her various garden niches, as well as the insects, birds and occasional reptile that share her garden. She also writes about the plant and animal life in and around the nearby coastal estuaries. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your visit!

Forest Garden photo

Forest Garden photo

This entry was posted in My Photos, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Blog Tour

1. beautiful posts…and loved reading about your process of discovery!

2. Congrats…lovely photographs:)

3. mk says:

Eliza, is that orange flower a Turk’s Cap? I would be so proud if I guess correctly, especially since I’ve never seen one except on your blog! And I never tire of seeing your waterfall. What a refuge you have. I envy that.

I’m not surprised that you were invited to participate on Ellen and Elizabeth’s blog tour. I always enjoy your posts; they enlarge my world. I checked out WordSisters, and I find today’s post very helpful and inspiring for my own intention to get a bit of writing done. Thanks you!

Yes, it is a Turk’s Cap lily – A+! I agree with you, that waterfall sure is special – it was the selling point for us. We had to have it!
      Thanks for your kind praise, it made my day! 🙂

4. Thanks for the blog recommendations, Eliza. I look forward to checking them out.

Nice photos, by the way (and of course). 🙂

Pretty shots indeed!

6. Robbie says:

I agree with all the comments above. You live in an amazing place, do a great job sharing with all of us + love your photos they reflect your inner soul:-) congrats + enjoyed reading about your process:-)

7. Robbie says:

love your new banner:-)

8. LadyPinkRose says:

Eliza, LOVE your new look here, and I LOVE your photos that are so magical that in turn say who you are (smile). I am so happy for you that you have decided to do this tour and share with us these incredible images. Bless you! And thank you! Love, Amy

9. Pingback: Blog Tour | Forest Garden

10. Thought of you this weekend. My husband and i stayed at a rustic get away at a place with exquisite landscaping. The beauty of the flowers was simply breathtaking. My thoughts was- “I bet Eliza would take perfect pictures of these and provide a wonderful tidbit or two.” That is not my style, so the memories will be mine 🙂