In A Vase On Monday – Narcissi

A neighbor has a field full of narcissi and sells them at 1950’s prices – impossible to pass up. I brought home this armload and made three arrangements. Not only beautiful to look at, they are deliciously fragrant as well.

Thanks to Cathy at Rambling In the Garden, who hosts a weekly meme to showcase arrangements created from our gardens. Wander over to see what gardeners all over the world are arranging this week.

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

87 Responses to In A Vase On Monday – Narcissi

1. Peter/Outlaw says:

A glorious exuberance of narcissi. Cheerful spring gold makes my heart leap!

2. Lovely variations in colour too. Happy spring moods.

3. Reblogged this on Purplerays and commented:
    “Wander over to see what gardeners all over the world are arranging this week.” ~ Eliza Waters

4. Spring happiness in a vase!

5. A lovely energy to begin the week Eliza ⭐️💛

6. jenanita01 says:

glorious Springtime, so fragile and yet so fabulous…

7. Pingback: In a vase on Monday – Happy May Day – Creating my own garden of the Hesperides

8. Christina says:

Beautiful Elia and one of the flowers that really benefit from being in masses!

9. I think I’d like a tour of your neighbor’s gardens. 🙂

🙂 He is the grandson of a farmer long passed, leaving a legacy of rich soil. No longer a dairy farmer, he mostly grows vegetables to sell at his little table by the driveway, so not much into flowers or design. I think he is branching into flowers, however!

Wow, I can’t imagine having a whole field of all those gorgeous shades of yellow and orange! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

11. seedbud says:

What a bounty!!!

12. Alice Pratt says:

All such gorgeous colors and the orange vase is perfect!

13. Rita Pichette says:

ABUNDANCE!!

14. Goodness, there’s a lot going on with these daffs…wild and wonderful!

15. LINDA from EACH LITTLE WORLD says:

What a luxury to be able to buy assorted daffs to create bouquets as you did. That must be an amazing sight to see: fields of daffs. I’ve seen fields of sunflowers but never daffs.

Ahh so lovely!

17. omtatjuan3 says:

Those are beautiful wow!

18. Laurie Graves says:

Oh, my gosh! Love, love, love!!!!! What a great way to start the week.

19. How wonderful. They look great in all their forms. Enjoy their scents!

20. Delightful, Eliza.

Of course you couldn’t pass them up – they’re gorgeous! Narcissi already seem a distant memory here…

How lovely! I would not have been able to pass them up, either. Ours are finished for another season. I am thinking about planting more in the fall. 🙂

So delightfully spring!

Such variety!

25. AlisonC says:

What a fantastic collection of colours and shapes, how could you not have them!

26. Anca Tîrcă says:

So beautiful and joyful, thanks for sharing your vases, Eliza!

27. pbmgarden says:

How fortunate to live near such a thoughtful neighbor! These are wonderful.

28. Lovely photos and a beautiful display of color and spring!

Gosh, what generous vases! Thanks for sharing them 🙂

30. Who could resist such a pretty bargain.

31. Goodness, what luck to have such a huge range of narcissi in a nearby field! I don’t suppose the neighbour told you the names of each one?! Anyway, they look wonderful en masse.

Definitely no names. I’m sure he couldn’t even tell which are double, large cup, butterfly and other groups. He’d say ‘daffodils’ and be done with it!

32. arlingwoman says:

All gorgeous. And what a nice variety of colors. I particularly like those in the center.

33. bittster says:

Oh wow that’s nice. It’s great to see the season off and running!

34. Gorgeous! My dad brought over something like 100 daffodils for Easter – they were fantastic!

35. AmyRose🌹 says:

Glorious arrangements of narcissi, Eliza! I did not know they had a fragrance. Huh. It’s been so darn rainy here and cold that if it were not for the weather I would run outside right now to bury my nose in some narcissi I have. Ahhhhh, Spring is springing yet … mine is very wet. I heard just today we had the wettest April on record since the 1800’s. I believe it! ❤

36. Breathtaking abundance is what comes to mind and the next thing probably some really obscure and beautiful heirlooms that have not had their wonderful fragrance bred out!

37. WOW that’s a lot of daffodils! Seeing them all together shows how different the varieties can be.

So many hybrids! Many of the ones that don’t make the cut at the breeders as well as overstocks are sold in lots for naturalizing. The grab bag makes the surprise all the more fun. 🙂

38. rickii says:

Oh, to have great swaths of Narcissi, to wander and pick with impunity.