Wordless Wednesday

IMG_4594

Image | This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

1. Val Boyko says:

The gray background really makes it pop! Lovely Eliza ๐ŸŒท

2. I absolutely love the vibrant colors against the gray background! Beautiful capture! โค

3. Nice us of light. Beautiful shot.

4. I was going to ask if it was a tulip, but I see that tagging helped me answer my own question. Gorgeous photo. I am like an anxious kid here with the bulbs I planted last fall. I keep checking to see if they’ve grown at all (note: they don’t seem to, at least at the rate I seem to think they should, which is a rate that would be quite unnatural).

If they are tulips, you may have to wait ’til May, unless they are the short, early ones. Most of the bulbs I plant are earlies, esp. snowdrops and crocus, that come up when I really need to see some life and color. I seldom plant tulips, as the voles devour them over winter and I’m dismayed for the loss. I have lots of narcissus, which are poisonous and are left alone.

• They are starting to come up (the leaves at least) – and I am happily surprised at the number. Tons of what look like tulips, though so far not many that look like daffodils (except the ones I planted).

5. Trini Lind says:

So soft and delicate ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

6. MK says:

What a beautiful photo, Eliza. And a beautiful flower too.

Well, that’s a ‘come hither’, petal, if ever I saw one! ๐Ÿ˜€

8. dorannrule says:

This is truly “photographic art.” Your talent is shining through Eliza.

Lovely shot – a vibrant reminder that spring is close.

10. Sue Vincent says:

Stunning shot ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Lovely image Eliza โ˜บ๏ธ

12. Beautiful tulip and nice focus on the shape

13. Julie says:

Lovely shot Eliza!

14. It’s hard to catch drama in flora shots Eliza but you nailed it in this one. The tulip angst is palpable 8^)

15. Laurie Graves says:

What a shot!

16. Robbie says:

As usualy-Eliza:-) beautiful-Happy Spring!

It’s like Spring unfurling in all its vibrance and jubilation!

18. I love the angle you chose for this photograph…and the was the sun seems to peel it open…Beautiful, Eliza!

19. Correct the above—to read: …and the way the sun seems to peel it open!” Typed too quickly! Sorry!

Absolutely gorgeous! I SO wish I could grow tulips but, even if the bulbs are properly chilled in the fridge for 6 weeks prior to planting, our hot Santa Ana winds inevitable take all or most out while still in bud.

Thank you, Kris! Yes, tulips definitely like cool weather and soil. I don’t have many in the garden because of rodents dining on them. But forced for inside in winter, they are divine!

21. Phenomenal! Oh my gosh, the everything about this image evokes such deep emption. Wow, Eliza! Thank you!

I love this. โค Almost forgot to breathe there for a second, it's so beautiful.

23. Ann @Ann Edwards Photography says:

love the composition of this shot – just perfect!

24. ladygrace33 says:

So beautiful…my favorite flower ๐Ÿ™‚

25. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

So pretty, Eliza. Really really special.

26. That’s a Bobby Dazzler

27. Maria F. says:

What nice framing, and color!

28. Pretty back-light! I like the selective focus.

29. Psychic Nest says:

“One photo worth one thousand words” and you just proved this right! Clear photo, perfect light and vibrant colors to embrace Spring. Stunning!

Zaria

30. joserasan66 says:

Preciosa La Luz, Precioso El Colorido, Preciosa La Fotografรญa… Un Saludo.