Silent Sunday – Native Wildflowers

This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

80 Responses to Silent Sunday – Native Wildflowers

1. Pingback: Silent Sunday – Native Wildflowers | Purplerays

A pretty collection. It is always interesting for me to see what wild flowers look like elsewhere.

3. cindy knoke says:

All beautiful, but the first takes my breathe away.

4. maryjane678 says:

Sometimes it is the very fact that things are small, and so delicate, that makes them the more beautiful. Gorgeous. MJ

5. picpholio says:

Splendid pictures Eliza.

6. lmachayes says:

Ahhhh. I can’t get enough of the Trout Lilies and Red Benjamins right now.

7. Interesting how different they are from country to country!

8. I finally found some a couple of years ago when I was back up north. They are so special.

9. Alice says:

Woodland beauties…what a treat for our eyes and pollinators!

10. shoreacres says:

I nearly missed the second and third photos, until I read the comments. They’re all lovely, but it was fun to recognize the Trillium.

11. Val Boyko says:

Such delicate light and detail 💛💕💛

12. Beautiful to look at. 😉

13. A beautiful springtime slideshow!

14. sandyjwhite says:

So easy to overlook little gems like these, Eliza…..thanks for highlighting their beauty!

15. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

Gorgeous flowers Eliza, what a treat to see! 💛

Gosh that first flower is so unusual. Beautiful

17. Beautiful! A friend let me dig up a blood root last week, and I planted it today. 🙂

Thank you, Judy! The ants will spread the bloodroot seeds and in a few years you’ll have quite a few patches. I’m always surprised to see where they pop up around my yard.

I’m in love with that red Trillium!

19. neihtn2012 says:

Beautiful series of shots! Spring is such a pleasant season, especially coming after a cold winter.

20. Beautiful, especially the red flower and its composition!

21. So pretty, Eliza. It is already in the 90’s temp-wise out here. Love driving up to the higher elevations and seeing the flowers in July!

22. Joanne says:

Your native flowers are very differnt to ours here in Australia, but equally as striking.

23. gaiainaction says:

Lovely and delicate flowers Eliza!

24. Bela Johnson says:

Stinking Benjamins! Still, how beautiful is the trillium in any color?! ❤️

25. Debbie says:

Eliza, these are so beautiful — thank you for brightening my day!

26. What super native flowers! The angle of your shot of the trillium is brilliant.

Exquisite photos of your special native wild flowers. 😃

28. A lovely threesome, Eliza. I also didn’t recognize the slideshow feature, missed those arrows, until reading comments. The email notification showed all three so I should have known. 🙂 Happy Spring!

29. pbmgarden says:

Eliza, what treasures you have. The red trillium is stunning.

30. Beautiful photos and love the color of the first flower!🙂

31. Wonderful to see these native wildflowers enjoying their place in the world. Is the top one a Trillium and the bottom one a Troutlilly? And what about the one in the middle? I’ll always remember the first few Nature Conservancy guided walks I went on decades ago when I learned these plants and their. names.

32. I think I heard a whisper from the flower. She said: Isn’t this world beautiful? Enjoy it while you can 🙂

33. rajkkhoja says:

Beautiful flower.

34. Adele Brand says:

Just lovely! Glad that spring is finding you now.

35. As I’ve said to Steve G., you guys get a thrillium from your trillium.