Silent Sunday

Tulip 'Esperanto'

Tulip ‘Esperanto’

A follow-up to my last post

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. cindy knoke says:

Aren’t they beautiful!

2. jenanita01 says:

Those tulips are such a lovely colour, unusual too, I think…

Such a lovely colour

4. Alice says:

The Tulips have kind of a wild attitude! Pretty with the Candytuft!

5. Beautiful flowers and the contrast makes them even more interesting …

6. Isn’t this an unusual colour for tulips? Very pretty!

Thank you, Maria. This is a class of hybrid tulips called Viridiflora, strong performers and well recommended. This one has returned several years for me.

A particularly attractive photograph this is!

8. A wonderful color combination.

9. Kris Peterson says:

I’m envious again! I love striped tulips.

10. Mike Powell says:

Wow, Eliza. What a spectacular tulip! Are tulips still blooming now? Ours were gone a long time ago. We have finished off almost all irises and it seems to be the season for lilies.

Thank you, Mike! We’re about two months behind you, I think. The tulips have gone by, our bearded iris are peaking, the Siberian iris just started, as did the peonies, which are a highlight in my gardening year.

• Mike Powell says:

Well, it sounds like you are definitely at least a month behind us for sure. We have moved a bit too quickly for my taste into summer-like weather–it has been hot and humid a lot.

The humidity of the South is legendary. While we get a few hot and humid days, New England summers are generally quite pleasant. It makes up for our cold winters!

11. Ohh so lovely! Thank you for sharing.

12. Lovely color on the beautiful petals!πŸ™‚

13. arlingwoman says:

I love the gorgeous unpredictability of their petals and shape.

Very pretty when open too, but the bud shape was really stunning.

15. You grow the most beautiful flowers and so many varieties … WOW!

16. Very Colorful Eliza! Great image!

17. So pretty against the background of white flowers!

18. Just as lovely open as budding. As pretty as the blooms are, I like the leaves with those nice edges.