Silent Sunday

img_6901

Image | This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. Alice Pratt says:

A sunny, happy, surprise photo! I surely hope that’s being (lovingly) grown in your home 😍

Ah, no, I wish! It is being grown in Lyman Conservatory, Smith College. If you ever get out to the western end of the state, I recommend a visit. In summer, the grounds are lovely, too.

2. A blast of sunshine, thanks Eliza

3. jenanita01 says:

unusual orchid, quite stunning.

4. Words not needed for this beauty. πŸ™‚

5. Brian Skeys says:

Orchids are such cheerful plants.

So beautiful. That burst of color woke me right up from my winter sleep. πŸ™‚

What a sun-shiny orchid bloom! Sure you needed that dose Eliza!

8. Oh, the colors! What a great vision for today.

9. Lovely! I could use some flowers in the house here – it’s been so cold, I don’t want to get any for fear that they’ll get destroyed on the walk to the car.

That’s a lovely Cymbidium! I’m eagerly watching the flower spike that’s developed on one of mine – they take their time to bloom!

Thanks, Kris. I wish I could say this one was mine, but it’s from the local college’s conservatory. I’m so grateful to have a place to go to see flowers in winter! Hope yours has an abundance of flowers. πŸ™‚

11. Laurie Graves says:

Such bright little faces! Lucky you to have a nearby conservatory where you can visit these beauties.

12. This is totally gorgeous, Eliza! So tropical. Must be a nice break from the winter…

13. Amazing beautiful Eliza, wow for a color too πŸ™‚
    My son is a gardener too and I enjoyed to see these amazing colors in the wintertime, while I still lived in Denmark, where it is cold most of the year.

14. Rebecca says:

I love irises! I’ve never really seen yellow ones like this before, though — gorgeous. x

15. Beautiful specimen … I love the deep yellow color.