Silent Sunday

IMG_6034

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

That is so beautiful. The design is incredible…the texture. I love it. Looks like it might itch, like a peeling sunburn. 🙂

2. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

And the colors!

Lovely:)

4. cindy knoke says:

Always fascinating to see this and love the macro shot!

This is so beautiful. Fascinating, too. Another image full of layers and colors and patterns and textures. I love it. 🙂

6. Goes to show one can age with grace 🙂 I relate I think.

7. It’s a gray, gloomy, cold, damp day so I’m feeling introspective. I looked at this photo and thought about life and the layers we work through. 🙂

8. Gorgeous. How big is this tree? Just curious about perspective.

9. Maria F. says:

Amazing, just how many layers beneath and the colors.

10. Brian Skeys says:

Stunning picture, there are so many trees with interesting bark.

11. Ann @Ann Edwards Photography says:

magnificent! I love birch trees.

12. I think I used to be a tree in another life! I love the energy of trees. This picture reminds me of peeling back the layers of my life to find smooth paths.

13. MK says:

Love this bark shot, Eliza! It has the effect of looking at clouds, or a fire. One sees oneself reflected back. As for me, I a being with a whole palette of options.

14. Val Boyko says:

Great textures and depth Eliza! I love my birch tree 💛

15. This photo is just perfect! I’m in love with it! I have a strong urge to run my hands across the tree now! Lol I don’t think there are any of those near me though! What a blessing it is to have access to them whenever you want! It’s great that you appreciate the beauty around you and don’t take it for granted. I love the texture of this and can almost feel it just by looking at it. The colors are beautiful and I love how you got a close up photo and how we can still see a hint of green on the side. I can stare at this all day! It’s very inspiring! Like I said, just perfect! ❤

16. BunKaryudo says:

What a beautiful detail to highlight. Birch is one of my favorite trees, as it happens. Whenever I see the bark close up, it always makes me think of one of my children’s Christmas presents, wrapped by my own expert hand.

17. Beautywhizz says:

Beautiful colours and texture.

18. Whoa! this is so powerful. I like how it leaps out at you,.

19. I’m a bark person too, and this is magnificent! 🙂

20. pbmgarden says:

Beautiful photo of the bark!

Oh LOVE! Spectacular texture. I have a little baby one in my garden – sure hope he grows up as handsome as this – or maybe these good looks are mostly due to the talented photographer.

Beautiful!