Pieces of Sky

Pieces of Sky

Cerulean sky reflected in the river.

Image | This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Pieces of Sky

1. Iana Roy says:

Wow! It’s beautiful.

2. Sharon K. says:

That wonderful blue……..only in nature!

3. Loved it- as soon as I saw the title 🙂

4. Robbie says:

very beautiful…looks like an abstract painting or batik on water…nice photo! I like your new banner it just echos spring:-)lovely!

5. dorannrule says:

How very beautiful! Now if we could only get a piece of jewelry like that….. 🙂

6. Wonderful, I love it when I get that sky on the water also! I didn’t know the word ‘cerulean’ neither.

7. mk says:

Having water nearby is so healing! We have a little pond we made ourselves with a pump to make burbling music. Our goal was to create a sound screen since our neighbors are so near. But now the pond is it’s own reason for being. A few days ago I saw a hummingbird taking a sip from the fountain flow. My best dragonfly photo was at our pond. Birds bathe there daily. We have goldfish and mosquito fish and pleco. It’s become the focal point of the yard.

That sounds wonderful! It is astonishing how much life a water feature brings to a garden. Everything needs to drink, so adding it is a magnet to wildlife. The sound of splashing water is particularly attractive to them and we are soothed by it as well. Talk about a win-win!

8. Dede Heath says:

I’m new to your blog, Eliza, thanks to Mary Holland’s. This “cerulean” reflection reminds me of Neil Welliver’s prints & paintings. If you don’t know his work, you might enjoy it.

Thanks and welcome, Dede. I will definitely check our Neil’s work. I love it when I happen upon nature’s “abstracts” – scenes that offer something more than what they obviously are.