Falling Water

This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to Falling Water

1. Rushing water! I can almost hear it.

2. cindy knoke says:

Wonderfully captured Eliza.

3. Alice says:

That must have been mesmerizing. A unique photo….I see a large serpent head on the right with two eyes.

4. Lovely. We have falling water this morning, but it is in the form of rain and not near as good a photo.

This is such a delight to see this morning. Wonderful capture, Eliza. Playfulness and strength and flow. 🙂

6. neihtn2012 says:

Powerful and wonderful shot!

7. shoreacres says:

If you find you have some of that water left over, we’d be obliged for you to send it our way! What a lovely, lovely sight (and imagined sound).

Thank you, Linda. Yes, with ongoing drought out West (and elsewhere), I realize how blessed we are with our abundant rainfall. I am enjoying the music of our falls as well… a great meditation spot that excludes all other sound.

8. Look refreshing. Nature renewing herself.

Thanks, Ellen, I’m enjoying the Spring melt making the falls sing. We iced up during that recent cold spell, but we’re back to flowing again. 🙂

9. Are the falls near your house? Growing up in PA we had many to visit and Niagra was a few hours away. If you see one here it is really bad news.

10. Dale says:

Beauty in blue!

11. Full of energy, even though it’s stilled. It’s like a strange abstract.

Fantastic photo, Eliza. Even though the water isn’t frozen, it still looks very cold…

13. Calling water can be so dynamic.

14. Debbie says:

This is lovely, Eliza — I can almost hear it! The sound of water is so refreshing, peaceful, and comforting.

15. Very nice Eliza! Enjoyed seeing your image “

16. Karen Lang says:

The flow of life! 💦💧

17. That looks like I should pay another visit. Nice shot of your falls, Eliza. Must provide some great “white” noise to fall asleep by.

It does and I love to spend time just sitting next to it. You are welcome anytime. 🙂

• Maybe tomorrow after we’ve had the rain today. Will I disturb your dog if I visit the falls early?

If you drive just past my house, the road veers left and you’ll see our neighbors driveway and tall grass plants along the road. Park along the road next to the grasses. Just a bit down their driveway, to the right are 4 big oak trees, there is a path down to the falls on the right. Also, there are some nice cascades upstream from the driveway. If you see the neighbors, tell them I sent you! 🙂

• Thanks, Eliza. I forgot that I have a couple of business appts in the morning so will have to take you up on the down the road offer down the road. 🙂 We didn’t get much rain today but I bet you are still getting nice flow.

Okay… it’ll be a raincheck! 😉

18. I love the sound of the spring melt in the falls. Very nice, Eliza!

19. Adele Brand says:

Released from winter 🙂

Yes, they are. I forget how noisy the falls are all winter when they are frozen with ice and snow, then they roar when it all melts. I often ask, “what’s that noise?” and then I realize the ice has broke!

20. Pepper says:

Love this! Fast enough shutter speed to stop the water drops. Well done! 😊👏

21. Maria says:

Is this your waterfall? With so much water? Beautiful photo Eliza,

Thank you, Maria. Yes, when the snow and ice melts, or we get a good rain, it’ll flow like this for a few days. Big storms can be tumultuous! Luckily, they are rare.

22. Beautiful, love the details! I am fond of fast shutter speed and water. 🙂

23. jmankowsky says:

I’m loving all the opportunities to see rushing water this spring. Beautiful photo!

24. Priti says:

Excellent shot thanks for sharing 😊👍

25. Soothing and refreshing at the same time…

26. Bela Johnson says:

Waaaterrr!! Gosh. I miss it. We need it. ❤️

27. Great captured action!

Comments are closed.