Silent Sunday – Mud Season

Yup, it’s pretty bad this year!

This entry was posted in Country Living and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to Silent Sunday – Mud Season

1. cindy knoke says:

WOW!!!. Reminds of a car on the field below our house. You can only see part of the bumper. The rest is buried in silt.

2. Su says:

Great picture! Thanks for the chuckle. 🙂

Oh dear! Hope someone helped dig you out! 🤣

4. Pingback: Silent Sunday – Mud Season | Purplerays

5. That’ll ruin a perfectly good Sunday ride. 🙂

6. 🤣 Yup, mud season has arrived!

7. Dale says:

This is a LOT of mud!

8. shoreacres says:

This reminds me of a story from my mother’s youth. In the early 1930s, there were only dirt roads in her part of Iowa. In spring, they turned into quagmires. One year (1932, I believe) the newly-formed Harlem Globetrotters were barnstorming through the midwest, playing exhibition games. They were supposed to play at her town’s high school gym, but the Model A cars they were traveling in got stuck in the mud and the game had to be cancelled. The good old days weren’t always so good!

9. Treah Pichette says:

I can attest that this is not an old-fashioned phenomena!!

10. Maria says:

LOL, great photo!

11. Alice says:

“Now dad will NEVER let me borrow the car again.”

12. Too funny! But, yes, very bad this year. Almost lost my shoes in the backyard. Nothing like muddy socks to make your day. 😉

13. John says:

Yay for paved roads! 👍🏻😂

14. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

Wow, that mud looks deep Eliza!

15. Bela Johnson says:

Ohyeah! We had ours already. But then the monsoons come near summer, flood the washes, and bury vehicles for good! I often wonder how many layers of old trucks are buried out in those sands! 😛

That’s probably what would happen if we drove onto the grass in our backyard – aka – the swamp! 😀

17. David says:

If that were my car this would not be a silent Sunday. 🙂

18. Fabulous photo for mud season!😁 One of the things I dislike about living on a dirt road is that it will probably be two more months before I want to go for a bike ride.

19. Debbie says:

Yikes! And here, I’m fussing about the mud in our backyard! At least I don’t have to *drive* through it, ha! What a great photo to put things into perspective — thanks, Eliza!

I’d have been tempted to turn that car into a planter 😉 I love the photo but I sincerely hope you don’t experience anything of that nature with your own vehicle! I have to say that mud isn’t something I have to deal with in my current location…

IKR? 😀 I don’t go on dirt roads this time of year. Even if you make it through, your car is a muddy mess. I’m just glad I don’t live on such a road. My sister was housebound for several days last week due to an impassable road.

That is a lot of mud

22. Yikes! Tricky time of year.

23. Jane Lurie says:

Funny, Eliza. Hope you stay safe and remain unstuck! 🙂

24. Great photo Eliza but Im presuming you wern’t driving the car?

25. Someone’s gonna lose a boot trying to get to that car to hook it up to a tow! 😉

26. neihtn2012 says:

Maybe mud season is also happening in Ukraine and has or will stop those Russian tanks and armored cars.

27. I’m glad we don’t have a mud season!

28. Lux G. says:

OMG. Staying home it is.

29. Sorry to see you got stuck! It’s pretty bad here too. Love the image.

30. So this mud you speak of, it must require rain or snow? We don’t get that anymore in the Great Sacramento Valley.

Yes, enough moisture in the ground to freeze as deep as 20′! What makes mud season worse is lack of snow cover, which insulates the ground to 32º. Without it, the below zero weather can penetrate deeply, like it does on plowed roads, making the slow thawing a huge mess!
      I am sorry about your ongoing drought, it is rather worrisome. 😦

31. jillslawit says:

Yep, can relate to that.

32. Adele Brand says:

Should have brought the Romans in to rebuild that road 😉

33. naturebackin says:

Lucky indeed you have a paved road where you live. Its a bit soggy here currently but nothing like the mud in the photo! Scary stuff!