Wordless Wednesday

birds nest

This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

When the vegetation dies back during autumn and winter, I am often taken aback by the number of birds’ nests that have been nearby without me knowing. What a poignant photograph.

2. susurrus says:

What a tiny nest! It does look very vulnerable now – let’s hope it did its job earlier this year.

Yes, I hope that, too. A happy brood amongst the protection of ferns, only feet from the boardwalk and many humans passing it right by without knowing it was there.

3. Joanne says:

Aww, a tiny bird nest… I wonder what type of bird built that?

4. Alice says:

What a work of art. Pareidolia: I see a face in the nest.

5. Birds nests and spider webs always remind us who are nature’s true artists.

6. What is so amazing about birds’ nests is the absolute perfection in each and every one of them. How do they know how to build these nests? Each one is a work of art and this one is no exception, Eliza.

Autumn is always a big revealer of the goings ons of spring and summer. : )

8. krispeterson100 says:

Sweet! And a harbinger of what next spring will bring.

9. What a beautiful nest Eliza, I can see a furry hound’s face in there too! 😃

10. I wonder if that nest blew out of a tree or was used by a ground nester. Maybe that face is a bird dog. 🙂

11. Oh, nice! Did it fall or is it attached to grass?

12. Sweet home, I hope the parent’s diligent work was a success with fledglings!

13. Jet Eliot says:

What’s great about this photo is that the nest is composed of the very grasses it has been blown into. Such a small nest, perhaps a hummingbird nest. Wonderful photo, Eliza.

14. What a lovely find! A sign winter is coming … until they nest again!

Thank you, Denise, there’s been a steady stream of migrating warblers and sparrows this month. The juncos are back, a sure sign that winter is on its way.

Comments are closed.