Wordless Wednesday

birds nest

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

When the vegetation dies back during autumn and winter, I am often taken aback by the number of birds’ nests that have been nearby without me knowing. What a poignant photograph.

2. susurrus says:

What a tiny nest! It does look very vulnerable now – let’s hope it did its job earlier this year.

3. Joanne says:

Aww, a tiny bird nest… I wonder what type of bird built that?

4. Alice says:

What a work of art. Pareidolia: I see a face in the nest.

5. Birds nests and spider webs always remind us who are nature’s true artists.

6. AmyRose🌹 says:

What is so amazing about birds’ nests is the absolute perfection in each and every one of them. How do they know how to build these nests? Each one is a work of art and this one is no exception, Eliza.

Autumn is always a big revealer of the goings ons of spring and summer. : )

8. krispeterson100 says:

Sweet! And a harbinger of what next spring will bring.

9. What a beautiful nest Eliza, I can see a furry hound’s face in there too! 😃

10. I wonder if that nest blew out of a tree or was used by a ground nester. Maybe that face is a bird dog. 🙂

11. Oh, nice! Did it fall or is it attached to grass?

12. Sweet home, I hope the parent’s diligent work was a success with fledglings!

13. Jet Eliot says:

What’s great about this photo is that the nest is composed of the very grasses it has been blown into. Such a small nest, perhaps a hummingbird nest. Wonderful photo, Eliza.

14. What a lovely find! A sign winter is coming … until they nest again!