World Wildlife Day

World Wildlife Day poster

Liz at Nature on the Edge posted today about WWD2020, and rather than trying to improve upon her words, I share them here. Worth the visit! Let’s all do our part to maintain and strengthen the bonds that tie us all together on this beautiful planet.

28 Responses to World Wildlife Day

1. What a beautiful video. Brought tears to my eyes. And such wise words. Also, really, really like the graphics on that poster.

2. Nice post, love the poster, and I also really like your header shot.

3. Kris Peterson says:

Thanks for the heads-up, Eliza. Events like this are getting lost beneath election and virus coverage.

4. Jet Eliot says:

Thanks for the introduction to Liz at Nature on the Edge, Eliza. Thanks too for pointing out World Wildlife Day.

Thank you for sharing and alerting me to this – I would have missed it:)

6. Pingback: In celebration of World Wildlife Day, 3rd March | Murtagh's Meadow

7. Alice says:

We are ‘only a link’ & we should use that power we have, properly!

8. Adele Brand says:

We live in difficult times for wildlife. I look for good news stories and sometimes they’re hard to find. What is especially difficult is that a lot of the damage is so totally unnecessary – e.g. my local farmers now cut their hedgerows each year which makes them almost useless to wildlife. There’s no reason; it actually costs them extra money to do that for zero benefit. But they do it anyway because that’s what most modern farmers do. (In the past, they’d have been cut once in 3 – 7 years, providing much more food and shelter.)

I’m currently having an argument with my local golf course who have refused to cooperate in even very low impact habitat restoration. Again, no real motive; it wouldn’t harm their business at all, but they just don’t care. It remains to be seen if the planned changes to the UK’s environmental laws will be strong enough to make a real difference with indifferent landowners.

So true, Adele. Worldwide, our wildlife is in grave peril and if they go, we go. Unfortunately, few get this. Ignorance of the way nature works is going to be our downfall unless enough people can wake up and turn the tide.

9. Karen Lang says:

Beautiful and important Eliza πŸ€πŸŒ²

10. Thanks for spreading the word, Eliza!

11. I fear that our cumulative damage to our planet and its inhabitants will take much longer to undo than it took to get to this point. And it just keeps on going.