Happy Easter/Passover

IMG_0300Whether you are observing a holiday or not, I wish you a lovely weekend!

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to Happy Easter/Passover

1. Perfect vase for those snowdrops. And a Happy Easter weekend to you as well. πŸ™‚

Thank you, Judy. I think it may have been a toothpick holder. It is an oldie, but a goodie!

• albert says:

I didn’t know snowdrops, and how small they are. “Toothpick holder” provides perspective. Sweet greeting. (We were greeted with real snowdrops yesterday, and again this morning– not so sweet as the flowers)

Thank you, Albert. That snow was a bit of a surprise I didn’t see coming. Fortunately, it melted away quickly. Now it is raining!

2. Maria says:

I really like these flowers Eliza, can the plant grow in Florida?

3. Lovely and a good weekend to you!

4. Happy Easter Eliza πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡

5. Laurie Graves says:

Eliza, what a terrific photo. Happy spring to you and yours!

6. Val says:

Beautiful (and one of my favourite spring flowers) Happy Easter!

7. cindy knoke says:

Aren’t they lovely! Happy Easter~

8. pastpeter says:

Beautiful! Have a blessed Easter, Eliza!

9. arlingwoman says:

I love snowdrops–ours are long past, just leaves. But they do mean spring. Happy Easter!

10. Lovely snowdrops! The vase complements them perfectly. Hope you have a restful and blessed Easter Eliza.

Best wishes for a happy holiday weekend, Eliza. I hope Mother Natures graces you with the sun’s warmth!

Thank you, Kris. Today was a blue sky day and while you might not have thought it warm at 52, I was basking in it! The small bulbs are popping up all over the lawn at last. πŸ™‚

12. Denzil says:

Same to you Eliza; super close-up photo!

13. dawnbirdau says:

Same to you Eliza. What a beautiful photograph!

14. Alice Pratt says:

Gorgeous! The green on the petal looks like an up-side-down πŸ’š…..will check mine, when I get up, to see if there’s a πŸ’š there. Crocus were blooming a few days ago with hungry 🍯 🐝🐝 on them. I heard Spring Peeper Froggies this afternoon! Happy Springtime sound. And…..called the nursery where I go…they’d just gotten Pansies…so I went and had a fun time picking those out…and a new Hellebore/Lenten Rose. Enjoy the warmer weather amd longer light days.

Thank you, Alice! I noticed today one of my snowdrops near the waterfall is nearly all green on the inner tepals. Not sure if it self-sowed or someone gave it to me. Can’t remember things these days!
      Ooh, nice, pansies! I was thinking today about peepers, today’s warmth should be waking them up. It was a glorious day!

15. Joanna says:

Lovely! Happy Easter to you!

16. What a beautiful Spring flower photo, Eliza. Happy Easter/Passover (and Holy Fool day) to you as well. Bountiful Springtime blessings to you.

17. Yay spring! Can I expect some vases soon?

18. tippysmom2 says:

Great photo of lovely flowers! Happy Easter to you, Eliza.

Oh my… this is such a soft and beautiful image, Eliza. Happy Easter to you too! β™₯

20. Thanks for the well wishes. Just enjoying the blue sky and the suns rays today.

Happy Easter Eliza! I do not celebrate this holiday the way I used to in the traditional Catholic way, but I love to celebrate the rebirth of Spring and new beginnings and I cannot think of a better way other than planting a new plant to give back to the Earth.

I can second that totally. Although, I will be going to a friend’s tomorrow for a meditation circle, which is more earth-oriented than religious. Ought to be a nice day for it. Best to you, Kathy!

And you too Eliza. Hope it is warming up!

23. NorCal Zen says:

I wish you the most wonderful weekend Eliza ❀

24. Gorgeous! Happy spring.

25. Rebecca says:

Lovely snowdrops, Eliza. When I was a kid I used to love this little poem:
    “I like to think that long ago
    There came to earth some drops of snow
    That liked this cold grey world of ours
    So much they stayed as snowdrop flowers.”
    I don’t know who wrote it, but it always made me smile :). Happy Easter/Passover/season to you xo

Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend too Eliza! πŸ™‚

27. Christina says:

Thanks Eliza; you and your family too.

28. myplaidheart says:

Wow! Happy Easter, Eliza!

29. MK says:

That’s a lovely photograph, and those are beautiful flowers. We don’t see those in these parts. Happy Easter.

30. Beautiful photograph! Happy Easter to you as well! πŸ™‚

31. lavit gupta says:

Happy Easter Eliza !

32. Indie says:

What a beautiful photo! Happy spring, even if it doesn’t look like it outside at the moment!

33. What a perfect vase for snowdrops. The first ones of mine that came up are suffering from our cold, wet, windy weather. Still more wintry than spring here.

34. Snow drops!!! These are perfect! OH I must plant some next Fall. Those and Paper Whites!! I’ve been looking at my Crocuses and the white ones just stand out so much! You’d think after winter I would be down with white. Evidently not!! πŸ€”

35. Peter Herpst says:

Yea! Snowdrops. Love them in your pineapple vase!

36. Hope you had a happpy Easter.. love snowdrops.

37. Trail Walker says:

Lovely snowdrops in a perfect vase.