Silent Sunday

IMG_8863

Image | This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. My beloved mother-in-law used to grow these – sweet memories – thank you Eliza.

2. Alice Pratt says:

Amazing color….they must self-sow…come to think of it, this must be the 1st year I don’t have any, from a plant I bought maybe 20 years (or more) ago.

A quiet fanfare. πŸ™‚

4. Jet Eliot says:

I never tire of morning glories, so vivid and hopeful and peaceful.

5. Jim R says:

Morning Glories…always a favorite.

6. Love the color 🌸

7. Trini Lind says:

So lovely! πŸ’–πŸŒΈπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸŒΈ

I love morning glories but unfortunately they’re thugs here. I chose to ignore all the warnings and planted one in the ground in my former garden. All that bright blue color was wonderful for a time but it spread everywhere and eventually became a magnet for the giant whitefly. It took me a good 2 years to eradicate it. I expect your winters keep it reined in?

Yes, winters interrupt the cycle. They self-sow, but so far they haven’t been a problem as the seedlings are easy to pull. Perennial hedge bindweed (Calystegia sepium) on the other hand is a nightmare in the garden.

Such restful autumn colours.

Ah there’s your morning glories, finally in bloom! πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚ Yes, these Grandpa Ott have no problem blooming in July-August, but the Heavenly Blues still haven’t bloomed! They need poor soil, I guess. I’ve got masses of leaves though!

11. Brian Skeys says:

I often grow morning glories, I have planted some late this year, all leaf at the moment.

Glorious!!! Love Grandpa Ott’s. They are growing all over my garden, self-sown. Heavenly Blue has been blooming for me but the leaves are all yellow – still pretty. Sure make for great mornings Eliza!