In A Vase On Monday – Sunny

IMG_8975Nothing speaks of summer sunshine better than sunflowers (Helianthus annuus). Using my Artesa sunflower pocket vase, I’ve arranged three varieties, ‘Italian White,’ Lemon Queen’ and an unmarked gift packet item that I believe is ‘Pro-Cut Orange.’ Wild goldenrod (Solidago sp.) finishes the look.

Thanks to Cathy at Rambling In the Garden, who hosts a weekly meme to showcase arrangements created from our gardens. Wander over to see what gardeners all over the world are arranging this week.

This entry was posted in Country Gardening and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

94 Responses to In A Vase On Monday – Sunny

This vase is BEAUTIFUL!

2. Alice Pratt says:

Super gorgeous, colors are so soothing and perfect. I love the swirly pattern that the soon-to-be-seeds make in sunflowers.

3. That vase!!! So packed with sunshine – the words buxom and voluptuous come to mind – absolutely love it!

4. Beautiful and bright Eliza 💛💕

5. jenanita01 says:

We may not have had much of a summer this year, but this selection of blooms more than makes up for that!

Sunshine in a vase!

That is so very pretty Eliza! 😀

8. Sherry Felix says:

A lovely sunny bunch.

9. Christina says:

This must be one of the best sunflower arrangements I’ve ever seen. Brilliant!

10. Yes!! Radiant sunshine. What a boost for the soul 🙂

11. Chloris says:

Gorgeous Eliza and perfect in your lovely vase. What a delight to have this on your table to bring a smile to your face.

12. seedbud says:

Gorgeous! So much sunshine in that vase. I love those Italian Whites I planted a few for the first time this year. Now they are on the must have list.

13. This one would win a blue ribbon. WOW – great flowers and you could probably get top dollar for that gorgeous vase. Great way to start Monday. 🙂

14. Joanna says:

That’s lovely! I like the creamy white sunflowers! This year I have just one sunflower plant in bloom.

15. Peter/Outlaw says:

You’ve captured a bright summer day in a vase! Very cheerful and bright.

16. Laurie Graves says:

Sunny, indeed! Too bad you couldn’t bottle it for the dark days ahead.

17. I absolutely adore your ceramic vase….so gorgeous and the assortment of sunflowers takes my breath away. My big sunflowers were a bust due to cold and critters except for small ones I grew for vases.

18. Annette says:

Hey, let me get my sunglasses, Eliza! So beautiful, love this and the vase itself is adorable.

19. You’ve captured sunbeams in a jar….(paraphrasing from Swinging’ on a Star lyrics)

Can there be a better vase for sunflowers than that one? Your flowers still look fabulous while mine are fading fast. I love that orange-colored sunflower.

21. Val Boyko says:

Now that really pops Eliza. Love it 💛🌻💛

22. You could not have a more perfect vase for this bouquet. They were made for each other. Really enjoyed your eclipse story.

23. The vase is beautiful and the flowers set it off fabulously, I didn’t even know there were other kinds of sunflowers 🙂

24. AlisonC says:

What a beautiful vase just made for sunflowers. I love the pale ones, I’m adding them to my seed list.

25. Van Gogh would be proud! Beautiful sunflowers. I have Goldenrod today!

26. You can’t help but be happy looking at this vase!

27. Karen says:

Gorgeous flowers Eliza and the colours are so lovely!

That vase manages to outshine the flowers. 🙂

Sunny through and through, Eliza – lovely!

30. Anca Tîrcă says:

These sunny colours are simply beautiful!

31. That vase, and the arrangement you made for it, are absolutely delightful!

32. Beautiful and cheerful arrangement and I love the vase! Thanks for sharing the sunshine!🙂

So sunny and cheerful.

34. MK says:

Gee, they’re all quite different. I never knew. I’m sure it’s a sign of good luck to have a vase full of sunflowers. It should be a tradition.

Fantabulous!!! Love the sunflowers! The ants eat mine – chew around the base of the stem and then they topple but I have some tricks up my sleeve for next year.

Wow! LOVE this one Eliza! ❤

Such a beautiful and cheerful arrangement. It made me smile. A great BIG smile. 😀

38. SunnyD says:

Thank you so much for this. Sunflowers are my favorite. They are so bright and happy to look at. I love the vase you put them in. Its perfect! Thank you for sharing!