Silent Sunday

img_7024

Image | This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

76 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. maureenc says:

Ruffles of ice to shroud a fallen tree? Beautiful.

2. Oooh, I like this one.

3. Looks amazing. Love your photos Eliza 💛

4. David says:

I like this, a very intriguing photo.

5. Trail Walker says:

Beautiful and chilly!

6. dorannrule says:

Dramatic shot Eliza! First thing I thought was the “parting of the waters.”

I wasn’t sure what this was when I saw it, although my impression was along the same lines as Maureen’s. Another beautiful capture! Any signs of a melt yet?

We had two weeks of above normal temps with lots of melting (most of the snow gone, except in shadows) with it reaching low 60s on Wed. We loved it, but it came to a crashing halt Thurs. with another arctic blast. The windchill last night was neg. 20! Tomorrow is supposed to warm up to the 40s (yes!).

Something way beyond my experience which I can enjoy through your picture – lovely!

9. The language of winter is so very different in your neck you of the woods than mine. The patterns formed by the ice look exquisite.

10. Pete Hillman says:

It’s like an abstract painting. Wonderful, Eliza!

Love the jagged edges of the ice

12. Beautiful. Nice aerial view it seemly appears to be.

13. Beautiful. Nature gives us such lovely gifts! Your discerning eye got it…your gift for us to enjoy.

14. An amazing photograph, Eliza! Spectacular!

15. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

Hi Eliza!
    I always love your pictures. You take some amazing ice photos. I remember from last year. This is beautiful. I hope you are well. I’m rarely on line these days. I’ll be back one day, but in the meantime it is nice to connect with you! Happy Sunday.

16. I needed this today, ELiza. Thank you!!!

17. How very anime the ice looks!

18. Brian Skeys says:

Creeping ice fingers.

19. Reblogged this on Footprints of Thoughts and commented:
    Please direct your LIKES and COMMENTS to Eliza Waters at:

20. Pingback: Silent Sunday | Footprints of Thoughts

21. FlowerAlley says:

Ice art. Good eye Eliza.

22. Must. Crack. Ice. Even if I fall into a stream!

There are so many things, both on a macro and micro scale, that could be. 🙂

24. At first I thought it was an aerial shot of ocean waves around a peninsula. Then I realized the water was frozen. Very cool! Another great shot.

This is beautiful Eliza — just perfect for reflecting which I need to do today. Thank you.

26. albert says:

You caught some very unusual forms and color patters here. Makes me appreciate how unique and precious every moment is. Tomorrow, or even three hours later, you probably wouldn’t see this image , but another one with different qualities. Glad you put this out for us to see!

27. MK says:

It’s as if we are looking into the secret earth.

28. Joanne says:

Your ice images intrigue me, Eliza! 🙂

29. Maria F. says:

Great abstract Eliza!

30. Excellent shot, Eliza! Almost looks like something a Disney animator would have created.