Silent Sunday

img_9348

Image | This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Silent Sunday

1. arlingwoman says:

That picture says winter. It blew in down here this afternoon…

2. cindy knoke says:

There be snow there soon!

3. My favorite part of day no matter what the season. πŸŒΏπŸ’•πŸ€

4. louise237 says:

The little bird is a sign of hope. Leaves are gone. The day is ending…

5. jenanita01 says:

It’s a great pity we can’t rest until the Spring, like nature. I could do with a bit of hibernation round about now…

6. Lovely sky against the bare tree. I like the little bird perched on top too.

7. Brenda says:

You captured one of the reasons I love this time of year–the simple beauty of leafless trees against the sky. Add a crow, raven, blue jay, (or bluebirds–we’ve seen lots lately), and I’m good to go!

Love this Eliza – a seeker looking high over the land. Beautiful.

9. albert says:

Since it was early morning when this image appeared here, I couldn’t help thinking of and remembering Hopkins and the bird he saw flying, and called “The Windhover”

I caught this morning morning’s minion, king-
    dom of daylight’s dauphin, dapple-dawn-drawn Falcon, in his riding
    Of the rolling level underneath him steady air, and striding
    High there, how he rung upon the rein of a wimpling wing

Photographs, made by an artist, are as wonder-bringing, as the best poems. Thank you for posting this!

10. Lovely! We’re starting to get some of the big flocks of crows around us – back in Indiana, we would have tens of thousands come into town at night. It had gotten so bad we had crow patrols to scare them off with fireworks. I love crows, but it was an odd and creepy feeling to be walking Choppy at night and hear a noise in the trees above you, only to look up and see them just covered in crows.

11. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

Peace at dusk

12. So beautifully artistic

13. Laurie Graves says:

Love the way bare branches look against the sky. Trees are always beautiful, no matter the season.

Lovely! The bird perched at the top of the tree like that suddenly brought Christmas to mind. Yikes – it isn’t far away, is it?

Making sure that capricious sun sets when and where it should. πŸ™‚

16. MK says:

The scene has the feeling of finality. I hope the little bird goes someplace warm, or has someplace to stay warm. But it doesn’t seem in a hurry.