Wordless Wednesday

IMG_4148

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

1. cindy knoke says:

They are descending on us as well now. I just saw an alligator lizard eat one!

2. Val Boyko says:

How big? Teeny is interesting and cute. Big gets downright uncomfortable!
    How many? One is adorable. More is a plague.

This young katydid was a little over 1″ long. I’ve seen some get about 3″ long. They can be rather ‘social’… I once had one hanging out with us near a camp fire for hours. πŸ™‚

3. My, what big antennae he has!

4. What a great shot of a katydid. Wonderful.

How kind of you, Victor. As I posted it, I thought, ‘Not as good as Victor’s’ – lol! I tried to get the eye as you’ve suggested, but the butt end is blurry. If I was a better student, I probably would have known how to fix that! πŸ˜‰ Thanks for your kind encouragement.

Love those Katydids! I hear the tree crickets at night – what used to be one that got me out there with a flashlight – now is a chorus – loud, mesmerizing chorus!

6. Laurie Graves says:

I have never seen a Katydid! I’m not sure if we even have them in central Maine. Thanks so much for featuring one on your blog.

He looks more friendly than the big brown grasshoppers I’ve tried and failed to send packing here. Does he chew everything in sight?

What a wonderful shot. Love that color green and those long antennae. πŸ™‚

9. MK says:

I love these pictures of garden creatures, but they always make me think about how far away I need to be to feel friendly and not icky.

Interesting that you should say that. I’ve found that with exposure, my icky feeling has diminished considerably. Being a mindset, it can evolve! Thanks to Victor. ;D