Wordless Wednesday

IMG_5002

Image | This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

1. Bright red on this gray, gloomy, cold winter day – YES! Thank you for that shot in the arm. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. MK says:

Wordless Wednesday – perfect example of why NOT to gild the lily.

3. Val Boyko says:

Yes! This is what I need today ๐Ÿ’›

4. derrycats says:

What a lovely pop of color in the midst of the grey and white season. Thank you!

Come to me. Cast your soul upon my perfection. ๐Ÿ˜€

6. Jim Ruebush says:

What a graceful design and gorgeous colors.

7. Wow, Eliza. Truly gorgeousโ€ฆthe color, the lightingโ€ฆjust wonderful.

Amaryllis love! I brought mine down here with me and it’s just about to bloom! Such wonderful color – mine is green and white. This must really brighten your winter days Eliza.

9. Beautiful vibrant color. Thanks Eliza.

10. Laurie Graves says:

Love that red!

11. Lovely! The lighting and the delicacy are perfect! โค

12. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

Wow Eliza!!! this is amazing! the depth of field! Beautiful beautiful flower!!!

13. Isn’t that red just warming all over? Good for the spirit and a balm to keep February bearable! Great timing to have it in bloom for V’day this weekend โค โค โค

14. Trini Lind says:

Gorgeous!! ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒธ

15. I didn’t have an amaryllis this year – which is too bad, because I could really use some color around the house right now in the form of some flowers. Perhaps I will get some this weekend for Valentine’s Day (a woman can hope!).

16. Maria F. says:

Beautiful framing with emphasis on the stamens. Eliza, someday Iโ€™d like you to explain the โ€œvisualโ€ difference between โ€œAmaryllisโ€ and โ€œ Liliesโ€. I have found some look so much alike. Have they been crossed between one another?

Thanks, Maria. Amaryllis (sometimes called Belladonna) is actually a genus different than the Hippeastrum shown here, even though they are commonly called Amaryllis (very confusing, I know). Both are of the family Amaryllidaceae, however. True lilies (Lilium) are of the family Liliaceae. Not related to each other, but I agree, with those large 5 petals and shape, they do look similar.

• Maria F. says:

Thank you, yes, I’ve seen Hippeastrum here and in FL, there are the commercial Lilies that look like Amaryllis, and some hang downwards which is what I think Amaryllis does, while Lilies are more erect (?) There are so many different Lily cultivars.

Lilies do vary greatly with many crosses. Trumpet, Oriental, crossed together = Orienpet, then Asiatic, the list goes on!

Ah so warm… Gorgeous Eliza! ๐Ÿ™‚

18. My favorite so far!!! makes me think of O’Keeffe painting.

19. Heather says:

Well that’s a breath of (warm) fresh air ๐Ÿ™‚

20. dorannrule says:

I love this. It looks like the kiss of the hibiscus.

21. Ann says:

a lovely pop of colour!

22. Dalo 2013 says:

I love this macro shot ~ great angle and color/contrast. Makes me a believer that spring is on its way… ๐Ÿ™‚

This is stunning, Eliza. It made me gasp, it’s so beautiful.