In the Garden – June 12

Click on any image to enlarge for slideshow and IDs

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

139 Responses to In the Garden – June 12

1. Vicki says:

This series is lovely. I missed Spring last year as we were in Lockdown in Melbourne and severely restricted in movement.

2. Val Boyko says:

Such lovely captures Eliza 🐝🙏🐝

3. Dale says:

Your images are sublime, Eliza. Beautiful!

4. Karen Lang says:

Love your garden Eliza 🌸🌺🌼

5. cindy knoke says:

Beauteousness Eliza!

6. neihtn2012 says:

All these flowers and plants are so beautiful, Eliza! You must be a Master Gardener!

7. Lovely! My favorites are the Korean dogwood and the iris, a summer flower with a fall color.

8. Jane Lurie says:

Gorgeous flower portraits, Eliza. Your lush garden is magical.

All this beauty is worth waiting for, although you have doubtless put a lot of work into it.

Thank you, Anne. It does take a lot of my spare time, but it is a labor of love. As the garden matures, it becomes more pruning/shaping. Mulch reduces the weeding and watering, thankfully!

10. Beautiful gallery, Eliza, I enjoyed strolling around your garden through these! 😊

11. It’s a joy to experience your garden vicariously through your beautiful images, Eliza! Thank you for sharing.

12. Always a delight to see your garden. Love the peachy pink poppy. My orange poppies went nuts this year, but peonies were wiped out in a week because of the heat. Clematis is good!

13. francisashis says:

Thank you very much for the beautiful photographs.Take care.🌹🙏💐

14. sandyjwhite says:

Such a treat to take a tour of your garden, Eliza!

15. dawnbirdau says:

I’ll check in later … so beautiful. Just wanted to say hello and hope all is well in your part of the world.

16. picpholio says:

Magnificant flowers, your garden is a real gem !

17. Isha Garg says:

Wow, Eliza, what is the one with peach petals and that rich purple heart, called?

18. Your garden is looking splendid, Eliza! Gorgeous photos of so much beauty.

19. maryjane678 says:

Hi Eliza.
    All gorgeous. Hard to remember you had snow not that long ago!
    MJ

Thank you, MJ. I often think that myself, looking around at all the green growth and flowers, it is hard to believe my world was frozen solid only 3 months ago.

20. Your beautiful blooms and photography skills are on center stage here. Both are good things. 🙂

21. Treah Pichette says:

Everything looks fabulous!

22. bittster says:

Wonderful photos, I can almost feel the breeze and feel the sunshine! The light on the poppy, the greens of the ferns and hosta, the textures and colors of the foxglove and lambs ears… all awesome 🙂

23. Alice says:

All so beautiful! Iris color is amazing…I can’t get the slide show, so miss all the names.

24. What lovely shades of pink! ❤

25. Jim R says:

Lucky you with all the flowers. My blossoms are mostly tomato, a rose, and some dandelions. The pokeberry will bloom soon. I saw a raccoon climb high this morning into a mulberry tree. Breakfast?

26. Your garden is dazzling! It must be such a joy strolling through it as the blooming season progresses! The clematis-hybrid is super lovely.

27. arlingwoman says:

These are gorgeous pictures. I love foxgloves, lambs ears and peony, so that one grabbed me right away. Then that lovely textured hosts border! Wow. Spring is such a joy, and for me, summer as well…Thanks for the photos–I had never seen that variety of aquilegia.

28. dylan hereford says:

I planted those mtn Laurels 13 years ago!

29. A classic northern spring that brings back faraway memories.

Hope it stirs up good ones. 🙂 The weather has turned more seasonable, thankfully. I’m hoping my peonies will last a bit longer. The heat wave pushed them faster than normal, alas.

30. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

Glorious flowers and images Eliza, what a magical garden! 💜

31. Oh that clematis is gorgeous!!!

All are beautiful but the foxgloves paired with the peony stole my heart. However, I do covet that Aquilegia, another genus that doesn’t seem to like my climate, at least under our current very dry conditions.

Yoir garden is looking so pretty Eliza! 😃 Love that Clematis.

34. puneybones says:

Gorgeous colors! What an amazing garden!

35. Irene says:

All gorgeous and the poppy is simply spectacular. 😊

36. All lovelies of course but the bearded iris is gorgeous and unique.

37. dprastka says:

What a beautiful garden! I bet it’s such a happy place to be as I love it when there are so many blooms!! ❤️ ~Diana

38. Tina says:

Beautiful set of photos, Eliza. Your garden must be a special place!

39. They’re all beautiful Eliza but the way the light is catching that poppy is lovely.

40. Debbie says:

Stunning! Thank you, Eliza, for sharing them with us.

41. Very nice Eliza! Beautiful Series of Images of your Gardens!!

42. pbmgarden says:

Many beauties. You’re having a great spring show. I love that oriental poppy–the color is supreme.

43. Love that poppy and the purple clematis.

44. Eliza, your photos are stunning. Thanks for sharing your blooming garden.

45. Oh, what a gorgeous collection of pinks, purples and reds! What do you do with your oriental poopies when they are done blooming? Water, fertilize, cut back? I’m trying a couple in my garden.

Thank you, Denise! I love the voluptuousness of poppies. 🙂 I use Plantone, an org. fertilizer seasonally, compost and leaf mulch. You could deadhead the poppies after blooming (the seed heads can be dried for indoor use) and the plant itself goes dormant shortly thereafter. You just have to remember that the plant is still there and don’t dig into it thinking it is a spare planting spot! I have a fern that stretches over the spot, so that helps. Once the foliage yellows, it can be cut if you like things ‘tidy.’ What color are yours?

46. Absolutely beautiful!🙂 So many favorites this week, especially loved Nora Barlow and all that I learned researching the flower and person (might be able to add this one since it’s ignored by deer).🙂

Thank you! Columbines come in so many sizes and colors these days and the ones I have cross, then I have something brand new next to its parents. Great long bloom time, too. 🙂

47. Alex says: