In the Garden – May 30

Click on any image to start slideshow with IDs

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

113 Responses to In the Garden – May 30

1. Vicki says:

Absolutely beautiful, Eliza. Do I detect a favourite colour here? 🙂

2. I like how the Columbine, allium and clematis pick up the lavender and dark red of the fern!

3. arlingwoman says:

All that beauty, Eliza! Lovely. I enlarged them and looked at them all.

4. cindy knoke says:

How beautiful! Number 3 and the last are my favorites, but they are all especially lovely. I’ve been buy planting, more silk floss trees, more mitilija poppies, and more David Austin roses which were hard to get. The iris are going to be wonderful this year.

5. Gosh, this made me smile. I was especially taken with the lemon chiffon iris.

A beautiful array of flowers that gladdens my heart to see!

7. krispeterson100 says:

Beautiful! I wish I could grow that Geum – and that Geranium. Both are iffy here…

Thank you, Kris! I wonder if Geranium macrorrhizum would be a possibility? Its thick roots make it pretty drought tolerant and just a sip of water brings them right back from wilt.

8. sandyjwhite says:

Wow…Love them all.

9. Karen Lang says:

So pretty 🌸🌸🌸

10. Sheree says:

Gorgeous gallery

11. A really lovely collection, Eliza. Especially that pale yellow iris!

12. picpholio says:

You have a wonderful garden, I loved your pictures. Take good care for the flowers 🙂

13. The slideshow wouldn’t work for me (in the WP Reader) so I was able to sit back, relax, breathe and examine each photo without the distraction of wondering what the flower was, what’s its name, will it grow here…a revelation! They’re all beautiful – thanks for sharing!

14. Absolutely beautiful, Eiiza. Thanks for sharing.

So much beauty here, Eliza. ❤ The painted fern is gorgeous and mesmerizing. I had to look it up, to see how it would do here. It might be okay, but I suspect it would do better in NE Ohio where it's not quite as hot.

16. Treah Pichette says:

Love that lamiastrum! The one you gave me is now tucked into one of the shade gardens talking to the epimedium! 🙂

17. What a beautiful garden! 💙 I love the colors on the Renard geranium, Japanese painted fern, and Siebold primrose ~ just lovely.

18. Dee Min says:

Breathtakingly gorgeous

19. It seems so many different beautiful flowers growing around you, Eliza. It is really nice!

20. Tina says:

Beautiful selection of blooms and foliage. I really like the lamiastrum and Japanese painted fern. That said, they’re all gorgeous.

21. Alice says:

What a beautiful variety…I’ve tried many different times…slide show doesn’t work…what’s the top right with yellow…and the peachy, under the iris?

22. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

Gorgeous flowers Eliza and what a heavenly garden you have! 🌺

23. Pingback: In the Garden – May 30 | Purplerays

24. All lovely! What are the flowers in the 2nd photo. So pretty against their leaves.

25. Always enjoy your beautiful flowers and virtual walks through your amazing garden!

Such beauties Eliza.

27. maryjane678 says:

Gorgeously exotic. My favourite is bottom right.
    MJ

28. Jane Lurie says:

Such beautiful blooms, Eliza. Love the Clematis…there is a definite fave color theme along with its complement. Terrific photos. 😄💜

29. Jane Lurie says:

PS I just discovered the plant identification app called “Picture This”, which is amazing. I feel like I have Eliza in my pocket. 😃

30. tippysmom2 says:

Beautiful flowers. You have an awesome garden!

31. Brian Skeys says:

So many miles separate us yet those beautiful pictures could have been taken in my garden here.

32. spanishwoods says:

Wow, just magnificent shots

33. shoreacres says:

It’s a beautiful collection, Eliza. The iris is my favorite: not because I’m currently iris-focused, but because of its color. Lemon chiffon pie yellow is my favorite yellow. When I get my fantasy house, I’ll have dove gray walls, white woodwork, and exactly that color yellow accents. Save a few of those iris for my housewarming!

34. Your garden is blooming beautifully, Eliza! My favorite is the clematis, so elegant!

35. I love the lamiastrum which looks like our white and read dead nettles. And the painted ferns – lovely colours!

A gorgeous clematis. And I recognize that Geum. 😉

37. There is nothing vulgar about that columbine. 🙂 What a bounty of beauty you have created in your gardens, Eliza.

38. Wow, Eliza. You’ve put together a gorgeous gallery of your garden. I love purple in the garden. Your pictures are stunning.

39. pbmgarden says:

Loved the slideshow. Each one is my favorite! The columbine is a beauty and that geum, just gorgeous.

40. Vinny says:

I don’t know the name of plants but that’s a beauty.

41. Love the yellow Iris and the Geranium renaldii.

42. So great to see all the wonderful colors and varieties of flowers. What a wonderful garden and garden photography!

43. gaiainaction says:

So very beautiful Eliza, very much enjoyed the lovely colours! An amazing garden! Looks like your weather is nice now.

44. Isha Garg says:

Ah, love the colours here! ❤️

Hope you’ve been well, Eliza! x

45. rajkkhoja says:

Lovey color flowers. I like.

46. naturebackin says:

I enjoyed all of these. There is something so traditional about a bearded iris, and I like the little geranium (I have not seen this species before). And the mention of the geum suddenly reminded me of a quirk of my British grandfather – when I was a kid if I asked him the name of a flower and he didn’t know, he would usually say in a cheerful yet deadpan kind of way “well it looks to me most likely to be a geum”. It was always nice to share the unacknowledged joke 🙂

Thanks, Carol. Fun memory of your grandfather. Mine was a gardener as well and provided my earliest garden memory– burgundy and white Sweet William. Always think of him when I see one.

• naturebackin says:

That is a lovely association, and reminds me that my grandfather also loved the “pinks” that he grew – such a charming and old-fashioned group of plants.

47. If that kind of Clematis were native here, I’d be making portraits of it.

48. Irene says: