Silent Sunday – Pussy Willows

This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to Silent Sunday – Pussy Willows

1. sandyjwhite says:

A true sign of spring. I love pussy willows!

2. dprastka says:

I love pussy willows, as Spring is in the air! Beautiful photo! ~ Diana ❤️

3. Karen Lang says:

New beginnings 👏🌸

4. Pingback: Silent Sunday – Pussy Willows | Purplerays

5. Definitely a sign of spring 🙂

6. picpholio says:

Spring is on its way 🙂

7. Joanne says:

Beautiful pussy willows, and is that blue sky I see? 🙂

8. neihtn2012 says:

Beautiful! Do the deer leave this plant alone?

Thank you, Hien! Deer will browse willows, particularly the young growth in spring. Older plants are less susceptible, so protection for the first few years would be helpful. Good news is that they grow quickly and pruning actually increases vigor once established.

9. As a kid, our neighbor had these in their yard. I used to love admiring them, and thinking how cool they were. Your upshot with the blue sky and clouds is wonderful!

10. Very nice Eliza! And very colorful with the blue sky!

11. Something I have not seen in a long time.

12. naturebackin says:

Aren’t they lovely! Such a sign of spring and new life. You must be rolling up your sleeves in anticipation of gardening again!

13. Love those little beauties, those harbingers of spring.

14. LightWriters says:

♥️🤩♥️🥰

15. Alice says:

Honey bees will love the important pollen. Beautiful with the blue and white sky.

16. Brian Skeys says:

They are loved by the pollinators here is it too cold for them to visit with you?

17. shoreacres says:

As a midwestern child, my first spring bouquets always involved pussy willows and forsythia. It’s wonderful to see them again.

18. Jet Eliot says:

Another truly gorgeous bouquet from you, Eliza. Thanks so very much.

19. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

A lovely capture Eliza, they’re just beginning to blossom here too 💛

20. Lovely photo, Eliza! A sure sign of spring 😊

21. tippysmom2 says:

Nice photo. Everything is budding or blooming right now. Spring IS on it’s way.

Oh I just love these willow catkins. Interesting that you call them pussy willows too.

23. A sure and happy sign of spring.

24. arlingwoman says:

Ah, pussy willows and flowering quince! My harbingers, along with crocuses and then daffodils…I’m feeling so much better already!

I love those plants, even though I don’t grow them. As kids, my brother even named our gray cat Pussywillow.

26. Isha Garg says:

Eliza, that picture is almost like new hope!
    I feel like you could be anywhere in the world, look at any exotic species of flora and fauna, and still know everything about it!
    P.S. I’ve been reading your comments here and I think I’m finding more substance to my (conspiracy) theory that you ARE Mother Nature 😯

27. Blue sky plus budding pussy willows equal smiling gardeners. 🙂

28. ke01341 says:

march feels like the lamb and lion are playing hide and seek! This photo and my pussy willows remind me that as always there will be a shift to better days.

29. spanishwoods says:

So beautiful, I love them

30. Tony Payne says:

Lovely colors, this is a wonderful time of year with everything coming out into bud.

31. Here one of the first signs of spring are the willows that grow along rivers and streams brightening up red and yellow. I haven’t seen pussy willows here but I used to like to cut them and bring them indoors. Nice skyward shot Eliza!