Wordless Wednesday

img_5574

Image | This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Wordless Wednesday

1. Christina says:

that’s stunning!

2. Rupali says:

Wow. great capture.

3. Love the color of the leaf! 🌸

4. So artfully arranged! Nature is wonderful

5. jenanita01 says:

I am one of Mother Nature’s biggest fans, and she always amazes me. Thanks for showing us!

6. Laurie Graves says:

A garland of red.So lovely.

7. Beautywhizz says:

Love the colour contrast.

LOVE Virginia Creeper. Mine is also a brilliant red this year and if it weren’t for the Rudbeckia Laciniata and Cup Plant invasion, I could enjoy it full on view. Maybe next year … I love how it is winding up this tree here. I think it is pretty well behaved in spite of its reputation!

I think it is quite well behaved. It is my rule around here that you’re not allowed to cut it out of trees because of its delightful fall color. 😉 It hasn’t harmed a tree yet. I particularly like it climbing the dead lower branches of conifers – gives them a pretty skirt!

9. I want to hug that tree!

At first I wondered if that foliage was coming straight out of the tree’s trunk! The stem is nearly invisible (or do I need to get my eyes checked?). It’s a beautiful vine.

Thank you, Kris. It is a great vine and doesn’t take over like some do. The birds eat the berries, then poop the seeds from tree branches, so the seeds can grow along ’til they find a trunk to climb. They clamber over stone walls and make a nice ground cover, too. Some folks don’t care for it, but given the right place, it’s wonderful.

11. AmyRose🌹 says:

Oh my gosh!!! I took several pictures of the exact same thing! I’ve never really seen this until this year, Eliza! What a really cool shot! Thank you! ❤

12. MK says:

What a show off!

13. Maria F. says:

Very nice simple color and composition.

14. Anca Tîrcă says: