Silent Sunday – Morning Glory

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to Silent Sunday – Morning Glory

Ah! The very beautiful morning glory – such a pretty start to my day!

2. Great perspective! I love those flowers.

Thank you, Gary. I bet they love your climate!

• Yes. The wild ones are very invasive around here and the farmers dread them. I planted some different ones this year from seeds I got from Baker Creek. They had smaller flowers. I prefer the larger flower like the one in your photo.

I also grow the purple ‘Grandpa Ott’ heirloom, which flowers earlier and self-sows readily. I expect it could become invasive if given the chance, but so far is controllable. We have native bindweed here that is perennial and a regular pain in the you know what to control.

3. Karen Lang says:

Beauty capture ๐Ÿ’œ

4. Pingback: Silent Sunday โ€“ Morning Glory | Purplerays

5. These are still my favourite colour for morning glory! Lovely

I love the blue of morning glories – true to their name.

7. rajkkhoja says:

So beautiful it.

8. Lovely bloom with a nice contrast between the blue and white. I never have good luck with them, and I don’t know why. So, thanks for sharing your beauty.

Thank you, Judy. I believe they prefer poorer soils (and warm conditions like against a wall) as rich ones make lots of leaves, but less flowers. I don’t like that they take until Sept. to start blooming in my garden with so little time before frost comes. Still, I love them when they do arrive.

9. Beautiful blue and white! Classic!

10. Beautiful composition, Eliza! ๐Ÿ’™

11. Treah Pichette says:

Beautiful shot….

12. Perfect for Sunday morning.

13. One of my favorite flowers! Love the color.

14. John says:

Have a glorious day, Eliza! โค๏ธ

15. utahan15 says:

blue horn
    crumpet
    to trumpet
    the morning dew

16. Alice says:

Beautiful photo! What an amazing color!

17. Irene says:

Eliza, you captured some lovely details on the morning glory. Love it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

18. Debbie says:

I have plenty of these!! They come in shades ranging from white and pale pink to blue and purple, so there’s great variety … as well as beauty!

19. sandyjwhite says:

Love the perspective and the color!

20. maryjane678 says:

What a beautiful colour.
    MJ

21. Maria says:

That is one lovely blue colour! I’ve never seen blue morning glory, I don’t think.

22. Tina says:

Really nice capture, Eliza. I like that you’re so good a getting photos of flowers that are the typical front-on or face-down. Blooms are beautiful no matter the angle. That color is fetching!

23. Love the beautiful color!๐Ÿ™‚

24. cindy knoke says:

Love the subtle exterior colors. Mine of blooming exuberantly right now.

25. Lovely colour, and it does its name justice!

Shades of Katharine Hepburn. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do love them. I ignored local advice and planted one vine in the ground in my former garden. It took over, climbing through even the tallest shrubs and picking up giant whitefly in the process. It took me more than 2 years to eradicate it. I expect your winter weather keeps yours under control.

28. Oh my! That is a gorgeous shade of blue.

Glorious blue. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

30. Beautiful detail and color, Eliza! When I see a purple morning glory, I always think of the first morning glory vine that I successfully grew years ago.โ˜บ๏ธ

31. pbmgarden says:

My grandmother reviled Morning Glories in her garden and years later when I met my husband I chuckled when he bought some Morning Glory seeds to plant at his first home. But the joke is on me. What a lovely flower it is and the color is so special.

32. Jane Lurie says:

What a graceful angle of composition, Eliza. The color is marvelous. ๐Ÿ™‚

33. So dreamy! Great photo Eliza.

34. nshami14 says:

Oh, this is enchanted! One of my favorite sweaters of all time was this color, but don’t think I’ve ever seen that shade in nature.

35. Isha says:

This brings back so many wonderful memories to me, Eliza. My path to the convent I studied at was lit with dreamy little morning glories, which I absolutely loved! ๐ŸŒ„๐Ÿ’™