Silent Sunday – Storm Cloud

This entry was posted in Field Notes, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Silent Sunday – Storm Cloud

1. John says:

The sky looks much like here today. Had another gulley washer.

I hear monsoon season is pretty intense out there this year. Take care, John.

• John says:

Hi Eliza, yes, we’ve had much more rain this summer than last, there’s a flash flood warning in effect at this moment too. It rained really hard at my place yesterday, this new storm today went just south of me. Good to see you!

A beautifully dramatic picture. I am hoping we will see some of those during the summer.

3. swesely says:

Wow – look at all those shades of blue!

4. I can feel the chill, just looking at it!

5. neihtn2012 says:

Beautiful shot! That storm must have produced some significant downpour.

6. Karen Lang says:

Great capture 👏

7. Nice shot, but I’m guessing you had a lot of photo opportunities this past month. 🙂 We ended the month with 15″ of rain.

8. Wow! Looks very threatening and unfriendly!

9. Alice says:

Impressive. I hope the rain gets to go where it’s needed. I wonder how many gallons in that cloud 😬

10. Phew! Dramatic. Gave me the shivers to look at it.

11. I think this is beautiful, Eliza, I’m am looking up through a window of clouds to Heaven!

12. Debbie says:

Do you need rain? Looks you might have got some from this baby!

13. maryjane678 says:

Hi Eliza. Very impressive. We’re sitting through yet another thunderstorm here in France. Summer on hold.
    MJ

14. Pingback: Silent Sunday – Storm Cloud | Purplerays

15. Maria says:

We have a few of those right now. Fall is coming 🙂

I love clouds, especially those unobscured by smog 😉

17. shoreacres says:

Towering cumulus are one of the marks of our summer. Watching them build is a favorite activity. It’s especially fun offshore, or even on land in the late afternoons, when the rain shafts are scattered all around. They can be gorgeous at sunset, when they take on the colors of the sun.

Did it bring rain – it certainly looks threatening.

19. Dale says:

Spectacular cloud, Eliza. I so love them and take scads of them!!

20. Very nice, Eliza! I do like dramatic skies.

21. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

A wonderful capture of the storm cloud Eliza! 💙

22. Wonderful capture!🙂 It’s been a horrible month of storms here and as much as I love watching the clouds, they need to take a long vacation in August.

23. Ominous.First drought, then soaked. Looks like we should dry out a bit most of this coming week.

Yes, bring the rain! Great capture Eliza! Have a wonderful week! 💙

Impressive. We have had far too many of those this year though! 😉

Thank you, Cathy. Yes, the storms have been relentless. I didn’t have to water anything in July and just today gave one of my hangers a drink… it had been quite a while since I had to do that!