In My Garden

(Click arrows for slideshow)

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to In My Garden

How delightful to see such beauty at first light in my part of the world, along with a grey sky that promises a light shower later, Red-eyed Doves calling from the trees outside my window, and a chilly breeze reminding me that winter is around the corner ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Brian Skeys says:

A cheering spring slideshow Eliza.

3. A glorious slideshow, Eliza!

4. picpholio says:

Beautiful spring flowers Eliza.

5. I love the primula and muscari mixes!

6. So colorful. Beautiful! I must have a green thumb.

7. Alice says:

You’ve created such beautiful areas. The Epimedium aka ‘fairy wings’ is a pretty and interesting plant.

8. So much spring beauty! The last one is my favorite. Love that color combination.

9. What a glorious spring garden you have! I adore those peach centered daffodils!

10. Sister says:

Beautiful!!!

11. Great color combos! Iโ€™ve never seen yellow epimedium.

12. Oh-so beautiful, Eliza! These are a delight!!

13. naturebackin says:

Such a contrast to your winter pics! What a cheering sight on what is turning into a coolish evening here. It must be so rewarding to see your garden come into its own after months of dormancy.

14. Debbie says:

Soooo much beauty, Eliza — thanks for sharing your garden with us!

15. pastpeter says:

Beautiful, Eliza!

16. tonytomeo says:

Has grape hyacinth always been popular? I do not remember seeing much last year, . . . or ever. Now, suddenly, it seems to be as popular as snowdrops were last year.

Always been popular here – so reliable and they increase from year to year.

• tonytomeo says:

Well, yes; that had been part of the problem. They can get a bit too prolific and invasive. The common sort of grape hyacinth was popular here in the 1970s, but then became regarded as a weed. It was unpopular for a while, but modern cultivars are becoming available.

17. sandyjwhite says:

Lots going on, Eliza….and all so lovely!

18. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

What a beautiful mix of spring flowers Eliza!

19. Beautiful spring colors and I love the photo of the yellow flowers!

Aaah, Spring. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ˜Ž Beautiful! A very pretty Epimedium.

Looking lovely Eliza. Lots of colour

Spring! Nothing says it better than a pretty combination of blue and yellow flowers.

23. shoreacres says:

What are the yellow flowers just before the white and apricot? (I’m learning how little I know about garden flowers!)

24. susurrus says:

Five beautiful pictures. The epimediums caught my eye. I don’t think I have seen that form before.

25. So much beauty and your garden is just getting started. ๐Ÿ™‚

26. What a delight! I love to see whatโ€™s blooming in your garden ๐Ÿ˜Š.

27. Jet Eliot says:

Oh Eliza, I am so thrilled for you to have your spring garden return! Your flowers are delightful with so much color, and teeming with life and vibrancy. And I found that stone wall in the third photo absolutely stunning. Happy spring to you, my friend.

Thank you, Jet. Spring is a happy time around here.
      I’m glad you like our flat-stone wall. I’m so glad we put it in 25 years ago (and bartered the labor) because it would be beyond our budget now. Built to last, it will survive us, I’m sure.

28. Irene says:

You have such a lovely garden, Eliza. ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

29. Vicki says:

Such lovely spring flowers in your garden, Eliza. Those gorgeous little blue flowers look like Grape Hyacinth to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Your garden is so beautiful, Eliza. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s also a little like stepping back in time. We’re well beyond all of that here, now.

31. You have a beautiful garden, Eliza. Thank you for sharing it. โค

32. Karen Lang says:

๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

33. A beautiful garden Eliza!

34. Gorgeous as always !

35. Ruby says:

All of your flowers are absolutely Beautiful!

So much spring beauty! Thank you.

37. rajkkhoja says:

Beautiful flowers

38. Jane Lurie says:

You really work magic in your garden, Eliza. Love your photos. ๐Ÿ™‚

39. Beautiful Eliza! Brightened my Day!

40. An astounding show of beauty. So lovely to see your garden. A special place.

41. Love the color combo of the grape hyacinth and orange flowers together!

42. nshami14 says:

I just feel like walking through your lovely (and interesting) garden is like walking through Wonderland (even virtually). Thank you.