Wordless Wednesday – Bulb Show

Bulb Show Memories (2013)

The 2021 Virtual Bulb Show! Available Mar. 6 through 20. No in person visits allowed due to Covid.

This entry was posted in My Photos and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

82 Responses to Wordless Wednesday – Bulb Show

1. Karen Lang says:

Beautiful abundance 🌸💐🌸🌺

2. That’s a wonderful memory, one that can come again!

3. Smith College? I wonder if we’ll be able to go to a garden show this year? Of course, you live in one. 🙂

How very pretty!

Wonderful. ♥

6. Balm for this gardening soul. 🙂

Wow! Gorgeous! Some of that colour would look good on my doorstep right now! 😉

8. What a beautiful splash of color on my screen, love it, Eliza! Come on, Spring, it is time to arrive!!

9. dylan hereford says:

Badass bulbs!

10. Alice says:

That is a beautiful & wonderful smelling memory, to hold dear (with a photographic trigger). What is growing right-front? Flowers reminds me of Freesia.

Omygosh so lovely to see! 😍

12. ghsmith76 says:

Appropriate for the first Wine Wednesday for Oregonians

13. Debbie says:

What is it about bulb flowers that makes them so stunning?!? I’ve long gravitated to tulips, daffodils, and crocus … and best of all, they come up every year, without my needing to plant them!

They bloom at a time when we really need that splash of color. They are such a gift, one that keeps on giving (so long as the rodents and deer don’t eat them first!) 🙂

14. tippysmom2 says:

Beautiful. It’s good that they are offering virtual tours!

Thank you, Vicki. I was so excited that they are offering it virtually. I’ve been going for decades and was sad to miss it last year due to Covid. It is a tradition that beats the winter blues!

15. Wonderful, wonderful colors! I hope that you will be able to go in person in 2022.

16. I do love the colour. Thanks for the links😊

That’s one gorgeous photo. Thanks for the link!

Thank you, Kris. They always do a great job at Smith, and before Covid, it had become quite popular with folks driving hundreds of miles to see it. It would be jammed with people shuffling along, so no social distancing. A virtual tour won’t have the scents, but still worth a visit.

18. Jet Eliot says:

What a beautiful dose of uplifting colors and vibrancy. Thanks so much, Eliza.

Such lovely colours

20. Very nice Eliza! Enjoyed seeing your image! Brightened my day!

21. pbmgarden says:

Thanks for sharing the link Eliza. This looks wonderful.

22. Joanne says:

Wow, what a beautiful and colourful sight for you after living with so much whiteness all winter. ❤

23. bittster says:

Nice! I just watched the video of last year’s show. It’s amazing how much they have packed into those benches, and the variety is incredible. A real celebration of spring 🙂

Thanks, Frank! It is definitely a rite of spring for me. Glad you checked it out. Did you notice the Zoom lecture on native plants scheduled for Mar.4 at 4 pm? Looks promising.

24. Love your beautiful photo and the wonderful preview cheered me up! Hope you have new bulb show photo memories next year!

25. naturebackin says:

What sight for sore eyes – such extravagant colour. Great that they are having a virtual show at least.

26. Beautiful abundant memories Eliza🌻🌼💐🥀

27. Nothing more beautiful than the color of a flower!

28. This is fabulous news indeed!

I just checked it out and it seems they only have one mounted camera, I was hoping to get a closer view. Probably will be fun to check every few days to see how it progresses. Looks so strange devoid of people though!

29. I just learned that the original sense of the word is indeed botanical, from Greek bolbos, which meant ‘a bulbous plant.’ The extension by analogy of shape to ‘a swelling in a glass tube’ had appeared by 1800.

30. rajkkhoja says: