A Week of Flowers – Day One

Cathy at Words and Herbs has presented a challenge to cheer us all up:

“From Sunday the 22nd through to Saturday the 28th let’s share a photo a day (or more than one if you like) of our flowers and gardens and brighten up this dreary time.”

Click the link above to see more cheerful floral photos!

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to A Week of Flowers – Day One

1. Trini Lind says:

Lovely vibrant flowers!

A wonderful cheering picture of flowers on this dull, overcast day!

Wonderful! Our garden is covered in thick frost this morning and all this colour seems like a dream! 😃

As Cathy says – frost here too! Your vase is so vibrant!

5. jenanita01 says:

Such a lovely collection, guaranteed to make you smile…

6. Alice says:

Well that is such a surprise of lovely colors! It’s 43° here, but soooooo many leaves on the ground.

7. myplaidheart says:

Lovely! I spent part of yesterday pulling all of the annuals that finally died in the hard freeze we recently had. Always a little sad, but the seasons turn so quickly that it will feel like no time at all before I’m out there planting again.

8. This is a good one—so vivid! I like it set against the green green grass. Good to see on a gloomy November day.

9. pbmgarden says:

A perfect arrangement. Those colors really pop!

10. Lovely project. Looking forward to seeing your flowers even though I am one of those weirdos who finds beauty in the austerity of late fall.

11. Debbie says:

What a great idea! I don’t know anybody who’s not cheered up by seeing gorgeous flowers, and this bunch certainly is!

12. A rainbow of colors in a bouquet! Beautiful Eliza!

13. sandyjwhite says:

This really does boost spirits, Eliza. Thanks!

14. Beautiful & Colorful Eliza!

15. Fabio says:

Great idea and stupendous performance! Bravo, Eliza!

16. Wonderful idea and you definitely brightened the day with the beautiful colors and flowers!

17. More than brightened up! 😉

18. Pretty one, Eliza. I don’t remember seeing this one..love the use of goldenrod and blue salvia.

19. With our autumn color gone it is lovely to see some from summer. Beautiful arrangement as always, Eliza!

20. dawnbirdau says:

Flowers are beautiful but your eye to make them even more so is awesome!

21. tippysmom2 says:

Such a beautiful bouquet!

Wow! That really did brighten up my evening. Such beautiful colors! 🙂

23. I love your moody header and colourful bouquet!

24. Wonderful, it certainly works for me 😊

25. Joanne says:

Isn’t that a great idea? I will see if I can do the same.
    Your lovely floral display certainly brings a smile to my face. 😀

I love seeing your summer flowers again, even if I can’t actually say it’s dreary here.

27. cindydyer says:

Such beautiful shots of beautiful arrangements. Is it spring yet? 😉

28. Jet Eliot says:

How creative to display this summery arrangement in a patch of rich, green grass. Wonderful, Eliza.