In A Vase on Monday – Sundrops

Flower arrangementSundropsΒ (Oenothera fruticosa) are bright and beautiful in the garden right now. In a contrasting cobalt blue jug, their gold color just pops.

Bachelor buttons (Centaurea cyanus) and Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) provide additional blue. White Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) and Daisy Fleabane (Erigeron annuus) are fillers.

I’m linking with Cathy’s In A Vase on Monday at Rambling in the Garden. Click the link to see more arrangements from gardener’s around the world.

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

82 Responses to In A Vase on Monday – Sundrops

1. Oh how pretty Eliza. Your yellow flowers really pop with the blue vase and look like a ray of summer sunshine.

2. Jaunty, jaunty, jaunty. Love the color of that pitcher.

3. susurrus says:

Your pairings of containers with the arrangements always catch my eye. The blue, yellow and white work wonderfully well.

4. Treah Pichette says:

Very nice bouquet! Can’t go wrong with yellow, white & blue!

SO delightful, Eliza! I love it! ❀

6. I love that display Eliza, such a happy bouquet. Love the daisies.

This display looks very fresh and pretty. You must have a beautiful garden at the moment!

8. It’s a patio perfect pitcher!

9. maryjane678 says:

Gorgeous blues and yellows and whites. One of my favourite colour combinations. Your garden must be amazing.

10. Great trio…beautiful flowers, lovely vase, and a fine floral motif glass table. πŸ™‚

11. carylbeach says:

Lovely πŸ™‚ What a gorgeous arrangement of colours and flowers.

12. krispeterson100 says:

The Sundrops are certainly deserving of their common name. Although Oenothera speciosa grows quite easily here (most people consider it a weed), I’ve only rarely seen a yellow version of what we commonly call evening primrose in garden centers. My Sunset Garden Book informs me that I’m well outside O. fruticosa’s normal range, which explains things. A pity, although I notice that another relative bearing yellow blooms, O. macrocarpa, can be grown here.

13. Alice says:

πŸ₯°πŸ₯° couldn’t be more perfect! Such ‘earth’ colors. I, too, love the pattern of the table. Those Daisy Fleabanes sure come in handy! I’ve pulled so many up this year, from between patio bricks, in pots..a prolific grower. Sundrops spread so kuch, as well. A welcome color.

14. sandyjwhite says:

Yes, it’s a striking combination, Eliza. I’d love to have it on my table.

I had to Google to see what ‘sundrops’ were – Evening Primrose is what we would call them. This is a lovely mix of yellow and white – so summery, and yellow and blue makes a great combination.

Stunning

17. Beautiful – a lovely pairing of colours πŸ™‚

18. Love this, one of my favorite color combinations and the vase, yum. Do the Sundrops last?

19. Karen Lang says:

So feminine πŸ’•πŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈ

20. The colors pop, and I’m partial because I really like yellow and blue together. Perfect this Monday, July 6. πŸ™‚

21. We have a native wildflower in central Texas that also shares the name sundrops: Oenothera berlandieri, also known as square-bud primrose from the shape of its buds.

Blue and yellow are always winners. πŸ˜ƒ Lovely fresh summery arrangement in a gorgeous vase. Your Centaurea are a pretty blue-white mix.

Thank you, Cathy. I bought a mixed packet of Centaurea and so there are a few unusual colors in there. The deer mowed most of them down about a month ago, so they are just now beginning to bud up again. Darn deer! Where did they learn the Chelsea Chop? πŸ˜‰

23. Oh, how beautiful, Eliza and they look so happy in that blue vase! πŸ™‚ xoxo

24. Just precious and gorgeous, Eliza! Bless you for bringing beauty into this world! xo

25. Oh I love yellow against the bright blue. Lovely summery arrange Eliza 🌞

26. pbmgarden says:

This blue and yellow combination is simply winsome. The sundrops bring such cheer. Have a good week.

27. gaiainaction says:

How totally beautiful Eliza, you have such a talent and just looking at your arrangements is very inspiring.

28. Love the combination of colors this week with that wonderful vase and table!πŸ™‚

29. A lovely vase and those sundrops look really fresh and cheerful!

30. tonytomeo says:

What a delightful name for ‘sundrops’. I think of the entire genus as evening primrose.

31. Jet Eliot says:

Truly stunning arrangement, Eliza, between the sundrops and fullness of the arrangement, the cobalt vase. When I scrolled down I heard myself gasp.

32. Baydreamer says:

Oh, Wow, now that is so pretty, Eliza. Another beautiful color pairing. Thank you for sharing, Lauren

33. Adele Brand says:

Gorgeous! The jug offsets the flowers perfectly. Yellow and blue, with some yarrow for clouds – summer! πŸ™‚