In A Vase On Monday – Whites

Dahlia ‘Lillehammer’ dominates this week’s IAVOM arrangement,

along with Flowering Tobacco (Nicotiana alata), Spider Flower (Cleome hassleriana), Garlic Chives (Allium tuberosum) and wild Snakeroot (Ageratina altissima). The pitcher is vintage ironstone that once belonged to my grandmother.

I’m joining Cathy at Rambling In the Garden, host of the weekly meme showcasing arrangements created from our gardens. Click the link to see what gardeners all over the world are arranging this week.

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

91 Responses to In A Vase On Monday – Whites

1. sandyjwhite says:

Such a pretty assortment of textures and forms. All white makes quite
    a nice show!

A beautiful arrangement!

3. Christina says:

Nice to see you back with a vase this week Eliza. I love your white vase. Beautifully arranged.

4. Alice Pratt says:

Perfection in a pitcher! Bunny Kitty won’t get her little paws on that! 🍯 🐝 🐝 love the Garlic Chives. Cleome is so pretty, I found another little plant growing between the bricks in the patio.

5. Vicki says:

I love the all-white. Such a lovely collection of shapes (and probably scents). That Dahlia is ‘picture perfect.’

6. Very refreshing, especially for these last hot days of summer…or has your weather already turned? I just arrived home from a group trip to Eastern Europe last night (where the temps were cool) and thought I had stepped into a sauna.

Thank you, Marian. It has been very cool the past few days, but the temps are due to rise again tomorrow. The trees are starting to show some color.
      Hope your jet lag isn’t too bad and that Florence won’t affect you too badly later this week. She’s probably pushing that steamy air you are feeling.

7. A lovely fresh arrangement that shows white isn’t just ‘white’.

8. jenanita01 says:

All the colours are wonderful, but there is something very special about white flowers!

9. Beautiful! I love the way the bits of cream and pale green emphasize the whites. I grow garlic chives and like to sprinkle the flowers over spinach pasta.

10. An arrangement of whites are inspirational, how beautiful you’ve arranged such a variety! I love that you use your grandmother’s pitcher as a vase, I use my grandmother’s pitchers as vases too. 😊

11. Glorious! What a touch you have!

12. spanishwoods says:

Just so very beautiful!

13. pastpeter says:

Beautiful collection, Eliza! Thank you for sharing. Love the dahlia!

14. liv blumer says:

Do I hear wedding bells?

15. Joanna says:

Ahh, I love white arrangements, and white gardens! So pure and beautiful! 🙂

All-white vases are always sensational – thanks for sharing yours, Eliza

Lovely arrangement of whites, Eliza! 😍

18. Lovely… I totally love dahlias. They are wonderful flower. (Suzanne)

Absolutely lovely, Eliza! Despite my fixation on color, I’m always impressed by all white arrangements. I don’t think I’ve ever put one together myself but that’s probably because because I never seem to have enough white flowers on hand. I must remedy that problem!

Beautiful as always 🙂

21. Chloris says:

White and green, my favourite combination. It is beautiful and I love the jug.

22. Beautiful flower arrangement in the perfect vase. A+ 🙂

23. Beautiful Eliza! Enjoyed seeing your images!

24. Peter Herpst says:

So clean and fresh which is especially welcome as the garden is beginning to show signs of autumn. Gorgeous pitcher too!

How very beautiful!

26. Sparkling and (rather randomly) I love the geometric shapes that float out of the photo if you look at it with slightly unfocussed eyes. Lots of triangles

27. Gorgeous beauty…🤗✨

28. rickii says:

Pristine, yet nuanced….lovely!

29. So lovely! Your garden continues to delight😊

30. dawnbirdau says:

I love white flowers! Your garden brings so much joy to others, too. Love the jug!

I once had a back garden with only white flowers. It had a border of 14 ice berg roses as well that never stopped flowering. I miss that garden!

31. Absolutely amazed at your stunning arrangement of whites!🙂

32. Jane Lurie says:

White dahlias are so gorgeous and your monochromatic arrangement is glorious, Eliza. 🙂

33. Shapes and textures in lovely combination,simple but not so simple! White!

34. naturebackin says:

Lovely Eliza. First time I see a white dahlia.

35. Maria says:

Beautiful harmony in white Eliza!

36. AmyRose🌹 says:

So soft, so pure, so breathtaking. Thank you, Eliza!

37. I am melting in just the vision of those flowers! Absolutely stunning. It’s funny because I was at the market recently, and I kept passing by the flowers, thinking over again I didn’t need to spend the money. But my vases were bare and, of course, I grabbed several bundles on my way out. Not as gorgeous as yours, but there is something about a little sunshine in the home. How lovely and vibrant you are. Thank you for your words.

38. Adele Brand says:

How lovely! I like the pitcher jug too 🙂

39. Indie says:

So gorgeous! Works beautifully with that vase.

40. The pure, clean look in this arrangement is outstanding!