Peony Bouquet

Anemone canadensisPeony bouquet

A garden bouquet made with the first peonies (Paeonia lactiflora) of the season, with burgundy Geranium phaeum, white bleeding hearts (Lamprocapnos spectabilis ‘Alba’) and Anemone canadensis. ย The wild grass gives a meadow look to the arrangement and the hearts on the jug echo the bleeding hearts above. Have a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Country Gardening, My Photos and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

90 Responses to Peony Bouquet

1. March Picker says:

Spring in a vase! The peony and anemone are a charming pair.

2. Jet Eliot says:

A truly stunning arrangement, Eliza, and it warms my heart to see that spring has at last come to your garden. I know you have enjoyed every season, but that warm weather makes a garden so joyful.

3. Treah says:

A very lovely arrangement. I’m beginning to really love the white flowers with just one other color…..like this one!

4. Pretty! ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป

How beautiful Eliza! It looks so delicate and I love the addition of grasses. I am slowly coming to love white bleeding hearts more than the pink ones and they seem to last longer for me too. Have a wonderful weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Absolutely beautiful! Made my heart smile!

7. Benjamin says:

Beautiful! Your house will smell of spring all weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Laurie Graves says:

So very lovely! To me, peonies say “summer.”

9. What a fresh and natural combination. Just lovely.

10. Christina says:

Your plants are catching up fast now, Eliza. It’s a lovely spring vase.

11. Pingback: Peony Bouquet – The Militant Negroโ„ข

12. Rebecca says:

How beautiful. It looks so fresh and springy. I adore peonies!

I really love your arrangments Eliza and this is no exception. Beautiful!

14. Val Boyko says:

This is a real WOW Eliza ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ’•

15. These flowers are just so fragile looking, so tender, speaking to me the Treasures of Spring. Gorgeous, Eliza!!! Thank you! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

16. It sings spring, just lovely!

17. tippysmom2 says:

Love all of the flowers and your arrangement is breathtaking!

18. Love this flower ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

19. Vicki says:

Beautiful arrangement and photography. I’ve never seen a peony growing, only in the florist shops. They are such a gorgeous flower. You certainly have the skill of flower arranging, Eliza – both in choice of flowers and leaves AND arrangement in the vase ๐Ÿ™‚

20. dawnbirdau says:

WP needs a Love button, just for your site! Gorgeous!

Spring may have taken its time reaching you this year but I think it’s making up for lost time. I love everything about your arrangement, Eliza. It goes without saying that includes the glorious peony but all the other elements, including the grasses, add zing!

22. NorCal Zen says:

It does look absolutely beautiful. It feels good to rest your eyes on something like this. Maybe even more if it’s the first of the season? Have an amazing weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

23. Wow,spring looks good in your vase and I am certain in your garden is wearing some new colors.

24. Gorgeousness Eliza!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ โค xo

I am glad your flower arrangements are being featured again – a sight for sore eyes during our winter!

26. Ali says:

Beautiful. So elegant with the Bleeding Heart. And I love that jug.

27. Beautifully, elegantly, presented

28. Joanna says:

Truly lovely! The white bleeding heart is beautiful. The first peonies are always exciting. ๐Ÿ™‚

29. naturebackin says:

Beautiful Eliza, and I particularly like the addition of the wild grasses – adds such a special dimension.

30. dianaed14 says:

Lovely fresh arrangement of spring flows

31. Alice Pratt says:

…..and the Peonies must smell so nice…..

32. Very nice! Enjoyed seeing the arrangement! I also have not seen white bleeding hearts before!

33. Sheryl says:

I love peonies. They are such a beautiful, showy flower.

34. A perfect bouquet to begin the season!๐Ÿ™‚ Loved the hearts combination and the addition of the wild grass.๐Ÿ™‚

35. Fresh and lovely Eliza.

36. Beautiful. These are some of my most favorite plants. I was at a workshop last week with John Forti, and he was extolling the virtues of Geranium phaeum. I think I may need some. ๐Ÿ™‚

37. Robbie says:

WOW=amazing and beautiful!!!

My favorite bouquet you’ve ever posted! So beautifully wild and country charming!

39. B. says: